Help with flserver

• Hey everyone. I'm trying to test my mod but in order to do that I'm fairly certain that I have to create a new file version number in flserver as well as somehow save my mod in FLE as that same number for my mod. I've been trying to figure it out but have been having difficulties with it for sometime now. Can anyone tell me a step by step on how to do this or perhaps give me a link to a topic already made for this.

Cheers

• to change server version u need to hax exe itself, for just testing it is not needed at all, its basicaly needed ONLY if u want to restrict ur players not to b able to connect to ur server and others server using ur mod. so untill u fully develop mod, and ur certin that ur server will b crashed by vanila clients and that ur mod crashes vanila servers u doNOT need to change server version. leave that for the end.
    basicaly change of flserver is NOT needed at all. but if ur certin that ur mod will damage vanila servers pls do change server version but leave that for the end.
    good luck

• Well, regardless of when you use it (now or when your mod is finished), this should help with what you asked

well, to change the flserver.exe version to what you need, your going to need Resource Hacker (link to download page). Essentially, you open the flserver.exe and the freelancer.exe with this program. You should see something like this:

What you need to do is look at the FileVersion and the Product version. Make sure that those 4 lines match.

I copied this from another thread I posted in, but this seems to be what your asking about? This also works on the Freelancer.exe as well.

Hope it helps :)

• Ah thanks for the fast reply on this info here Mantis! I have tried hosting my own server with lan connection without changing the version # but it didn't work. I am using FLE to create my systems but am unable to use the 'Save New Mod' button at all. :? When I host a test server I can see my mod show up but I cannot select it in anyway (mod shows up as gray instead of blue). My mod's version is currently 1.0... same as a vanilla, so this is why I figured I would have to change the version number. I have already tried what you suggested and I did get the same screen as in your SS, thanks for that m8! But is there a way to save my new mod using FLMM or should I perhaps have to create a new folder (I haven't done that at all)? I know that the way I'm doing the mod may take longer to create but my small team would rather create and test our creation than get so far ahead of ourselves that we miss important issues that our mod may have from our rookie touch!