Mega crash..

• Also delete your autosave and delte/move all other savegames. When you reinstall FL, usually the savegames will remain in My Documernts/My Games/Freelancer. If you have a savegame causing crashed, the game will probably crash always no matter what backup you put in...

• You can manually delete your savegames by going into My Documents-->My Games-->Freelancer-->Accounts-->SinglePlayer ... just delete everything in that folder, if nothing else works. FLMM´s "delete the Autosave" feature usually does the trick, though...

• I don´t get that. People say "delete all of your save files" as if it were nothing. It took me three months to get to my point, and I just find it, well, odd that people seem like it´s no big deal. MK

• Uh... well... For those of us who´re mod devs.... it´s not a big deal. I have zero attachment to any save files, because I know that they´re going to get trashed... today, tomorrow, next Tuesday... it doesn´t matter. I have no idea how many Air Pirates I´ve shot down while playing Warriors of the Sky- and it really doesn´t matter, much- if the mod works, and it´s cool, what other reward do I need? Getting attached to savefiles is a two-edged sword- when savefiles get corrupted/damaged during the modding process, they´re dead. So if you have a savefile that´s precious... go find it and manually back it up somewhere, if you´re a modder. Or just get over it- after all, the savefile´s just data, and if it´s an SP save, you can just edit up a new one... If it´s a MP file... back it up. Or just live with the consequences if you make a mistake. I guess I just don´t get attached to my MP &quot;characters&quot; like some people do, but I can see where you´re coming from. Still, when you´re a modder, these things <i>will happen </i>, and you need to be ready... and do what must be done.

• Cheers guys, i`ve got the basic freelancer working ok and have used a 2 week old backup and its all good... Only.... The thing that crashed the mod was very basic. I`ve added 200 ships to the mod already and put them into faction prop and npcships, so how come it just bugs out when i try using the most recent version? I`d already added the ships, i was just moving them into the game. Oh and i did modify Alaska a bit before hand but it was working ok after that. The question that `d like to know is which file causes a crash that only occurs when you try to leave the base you`ve spawned at from openSp? It isn`t a specific faction thing because it does it everywhere. The contenders are - Factionprop-(doubtfull), Npc-(maybe), loadouts(maybe), shiparch(doubtfull), Universe(doubtfull).. Any ideas?

• if the crash happen after u installed new ship it can be coz of a file : good.ini could be the angain or wepons that u installed on ur ship this for new and old ships for every type of problems have there own ini´s that can make it crash

ShadowKnight , When The Darkness Take You Over , Join The Shadow Knight`s , Kill You`r Enemy`s With No Mercy , And Become A Shadow You`r Self , THERE IS NO ESCAP FROM THE SHADOW`S !!!

• Cheers, got it all sorted now, pretty much up to date. The probs were in faction prop and npcships if anyone else gets a similar problem. I still can`t see what I did which was worthy of this much hassle but there u go.. All part of the modding exp i guess..