Playing as client same sever

• i think i have a similar problem. for me it seems that i can see the server that my comptuer is running, but when i look at the IP address its ´fe80::211:5bff:fe15:38cc´ now thats really odd, is that when i went in to find this number, i did it under internet, saw my server, relised i shoudl do in under lan, went into lan and WOW, my server had its ip address working - 1.0.0.2 - i logged off the server to double check it and my ip address has been screwed ever since (this happened like 5 min ago) its really annoying as im hositn g a lan 2moro and the guy who was goign to be server is comign anymore. im gonna keep trying, i hope this is a related problem.

• That really long and &quot;screwed-up&quot; looking IP address is what you get with TCP/IP v6 (&quot;IPNexGen&quot; or some such). To get rid of that, open the properties page of your network card and uncheck the &quot;Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6&quot; checkbox- or remove the protocol entirely. BTW- Freelancer doesn´t recognize IPv6 addresses as valid, so to access the server, you´ll have to at least disable it. Maybe I should post this in the ´connecting problems´ thread. hmmmmm. Chris Bates Lead scripter, <A href=´http://www.flbattleformankind.com´ Target=_Blank>Stargate BFM: Freelancer</a>