get station commodities list w/o docking?

• Well you guys i think this is a right direction, but wrong tradelane so to speak. "Visit" in those files handles visibility as PolarBear wrote above it has fixed values, all handling visibility. So putting visit=1 just force-places things on a map, which is just what happened in the game.

visit = 2660852290, 31

This is a sufficient value for West Point Military Academy commodity list to show in trading, w/ visitng it first. Where first number is location hashcode and second number is its type, 31 for base most probably. The problem here is the hashcode, it could point not to a base, but to a trader screen or something else really. And here is guys i hope you can help since you know much more about this game and stuff. I couldnt find a hash decoder or at least a list of all bases with linked hashes, it would cut the work by a factor of 10, since now it is unclear which entry is a boring regular base, and which one is pirate/outcast/hidden one. And if knowing what the hell the location actually is, one could place it into correct place, file structure is too big for me, ever saw a section handling trader/ship/bar screens in those .inis?

I've put the above entry into gamedata_mapinfo.txt, where all the other global "visited" things are stored, like tradelanes, but no effect, putting additional values directly into savegame works, but is ofc not a great way of solving this.

PS. Seems im not the first one to try this. Found a freelancer site which uncovers the map via map.inis, universe.ini, and even a hacked .exe, without modifing .inis at all. But none of that gives commodity list, hell.

• k, just so I know what your trying to do... Humour me...

How are you trying to pull up the info on a 'known' base, when actually in the game?

Open nav map (F6), zoom in on desired base, left click on base name, left click on the question mark?

or

Open cargo screen (F7), select cargo, click 'traderoutes' and get a list of known bases that buy or sell that cargo and how much for?

or

Something else entirely?

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• 1 and 2 is the same. If it is shown in the trader screen, it is shown on the map question mark too. Visit = 1 doesnt show the question mark list, just the base name and class. But, technically, yeah, rather 2 ofc, to see the available trade routes.