Posts by Nicknick

1 and 2 is the same. If it is shown in the trader screen, it is shown on the map question mark too. Visit = 1 doesnt show the question mark list, just the base name and class. But, technically, yeah, rather 2 ofc, to see the available trade routes.

Well you guys i think this is a right direction, but wrong tradelane so to speak. "Visit" in those files handles visibility as PolarBear wrote above it has fixed values, all handling visibility. So putting visit=1 just force-places things on a map, which is just what happened in the game.

visit = 2660852290, 31

This is a sufficient value for West Point Military Academy commodity list to show in trading, w/ visitng it first. Where first number is location hashcode and second number is its type, 31 for base most probably. The problem here is the hashcode, it could point not to a base, but to a trader screen or something else really. And here is guys i hope you can help since you know much more about this game and stuff. I couldnt find a hash decoder or at least a list of all bases with linked hashes, it would cut the work by a factor of 10, since now it is unclear which entry is a boring regular base, and which one is pirate/outcast/hidden one. And if knowing what the hell the location actually is, one could place it into correct place, file structure is too big for me, ever saw a section handling trader/ship/bar screens in those .inis?

I've put the above entry into gamedata_mapinfo.txt, where all the other global "visited" things are stored, like tradelanes, but no effect, putting additional values directly into savegame works, but is ofc not a great way of solving this.

PS. Seems im not the first one to try this. Found a freelancer site which uncovers the map via map.inis, universe.ini, and even a hacked .exe, without modifing .inis at all. But none of that gives commodity list, hell.

Here is the header part (linebreaks ommited)

Code
    1. <script>
    2. <header name="BasicGeo" savesafe="true" exclusive="false">
    3. <scriptversion> 1.5 </scriptversion>
    4. <author> Blah </author>
    5. <modurl> Blah </modurl>
    6. <description> blah </description>
    7. <options default="1:2"> </options>
    8. </header>
    9. ...
    10. </script>

Im not fully understand what the "options" tag does, only that if i remove it, mod changes its color from black to orange.

AestheticDemon
    ye well, its pretty difficult to screw things up with Notepad++, it understands XML. No more counting brackets. Ever.

You are my hero. :D

It following correct? ( linebreaks ommited)

50 times or so, according roughly to this thread. Thats a lot of overhead. :( any way to reduce spam?

Oh thats very interesting. I could set visit=1 for all major stations. I think Trent could very well be aware where New London or New Tokyo are.

Do you mean \DATA\UNIVERSE\SYSTEMS\RH01\Rh01.ini? There are multiple "visit" entries, all with different values, i dont understand why are they there, since it also depends from savegame no?

Outcast rumors specifically say there were 8 sleeper ships, 4 lawful, 4 otherwise. 1 of them was sabotaged. Outcasts and their story are quite cool, it takes a strong will to get things done no matter what. So i guess my second favorite character in Freelancer is Juanita Rodriguez, likes bars on Malta, and so am i now.

Quote from "raptir"

If you release the entire game's source code, you're making the game free.

thats how it goes

product X consists of:

- source code (aka instructions humans can understand) -> compiled(aka translated into instructions computer can understand) = .exe
    - data (pics, videos) <- this part is not code(aka instructions), and game does not function w/o it.

Each part alone is useless w/o another, for a regular user ofc. Delete the "data" folder from Freelancer and see if the game will start with code alone.

im surprised to hear that.

Hint: nice voice too. Very not unlike Bastila in Kotor, or Fall-From-Grace in PS:T. :P The char in question is of higher rank than the main character. You meet him/her in the Liberty sector.

Quote from "Setsuna"

No, all the custom libraries used (such as .dll) are compiled from it, and it also contains all sorts of scripts, which can be left as they are or encoded/compressed, depending on the engine of the game/app. All resources, such as videos, images and audio material is provided as well, of course.

I just wanted to get some clarity, since most games get their source code released after a while (like Unreal Tournament 3 ).

wha you didnt know? Well i will not spoil the fun of discovering then. Also, Doom3, Stalker, Age of Empires 3, Planescape Torment, and a bunch of other highly popular console games, of which i dont know anything about, like Metal Gear Solid. Yes yes, Freelancer has a real celebrity.

hint: this character is good-looking.