thanks in advance!

• Im not new to the game by any means, but i dug it out of storage the other day and put it on my new computer. I have never played any of the mod versions of the game so i d/l the one called discovery and the Freelancer mod manage thing..........cant quite get it to work. any suggestions of a better mod and a how to get it to work would be great, once again thanks in advance.....oh yeah my OS is vista if that matters....hope not! thanks again

• umm, with Vista I've noticed two main things so far that will keep things from working right.
    1. Norton Anti-virus. Blocks FL so you can't get on other FL Servers if I'm not mistaken. I think there was an anti-virus named AVG that would work though.
    2. Make sure to go into the properties of FL Mod Manager and the Freelancer.exe and set both to run as administrator. Otherwise Vista will block them from being able to edit files. In the mod manager's case, you can't load a mod, but in Freelancer's case, it can't run since it needs to make another file as a kinda scratch sheet if I'm not mistaken.

As for mods, Discovery is a good mod from what I remember, and has a large community daily too. You may also want to check out the home page of Digital Brilliance since it has a large collection of mod adds there.

• Quote from "aungi"

cant quite get it to work

wow that's real specific and helps us solve it [sarcasm btw]
    state - what's not working, what were you trying to do etc.

• I apologize about not being more specific. I start the mod manager after downloading the discovery mod, drag and drop the mod into the FLMM and its starts extracting, then I get an error stating that the file might have not been transferred correctly. So im trying the first suggestion right now about "run as admin".................drum roll please............................yay after working as a tech support agent for HP for the last year it was as simple as that. I should turn in my badge! Thanks MantisOlthoi for all the help getting it to work. BTW im not quite ready to hit up a online server, are their any other good mods that have a open single player?

• No problem dude, I've made my share of stupid mistakes in programming too that beginners learn to avoid lol. and yea, Crossfire, and I think Rebalance is making one, but it's still a little crash prone in some parts in SP