Owning multiple ships

• I have finally finished the game and like the ship I ended up with but would like to be able to experiment with other types.

Is it possible to own multiple ships at the same time or must we sell the current ship when we purchase the new one?

• If, as I suspect, you just finished the Single Player game, then yes you have to purchace any new ships. Only in Multiplay are you allowed to have up to Five differant characters in each seperate FL account.

• Quote from "ChiefRedCloud"

... yes you have to purchase any new ships.

Bummer. :(

Hmm, maybe I will go find where the games are saved and create multiple copies ... that would be almost as good.

Quote from "ChiefRedCloud"

Only in Multiplay are you allowed to have up to Five different characters in each separate FL account.

Time to learn how to login to MP then I guess. Is it possible to play solo on a MP Server?

• Start up a local server, then allow no one to log into it but yourself. Then you can make all the chars you want, then lock the server to new arrivals. You'll have to keep it running though, I think. Maybe not, I only do it to test w0dk4's mods.

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• For clarification, you can not own more than one ship with in a single game. Creating multi accounts in an mp game, is not the same.

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• Quote from "iMac-Knight"

... you can not own more than one ship with in a single game. ...

So my idea of creating multiple copies of my save game and switching them in/out starts to look like the best option.

Too bad, it would be nice to be able to switch between multiple equipped ships to test the differences.

• The game to do that in, is Tachyon the Fringe

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• oddly enough EVE online lets you own multiple ships...as long has your have the required skill level and training. (plus the money to buy, equip, and insure them)