Posts by J Dawg

I was trying my strategy when i realized its harder to get a frieghter into Omicron Alpha than it looks... I decided to take the long way to avoid the GMG in Beta, then the game locked me up at a trade lane entrance and I was a perfect target for the four LWB Hawks that jumped me. Lesson learned. Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet Edited by - J Dawg on 1/4/2004 1:05:58 PM

Perhaps... I will continue checking. It requires parallel parking next to the planet and using side thrusters very, very gently. From there you could use it to attack docking transports, and sneak around to the far side of the planet to engage cruise engines and make a clean escape Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet

my new plan is to sit outside the Tau 37 jump hole in Omicron Alpha, and wait for the Bounty Hunters and Outcasts to pulverize each other, and pick up the pieces. In a Humpback, you could pull in up to 200,000 in cargo alone. Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet

I had better find one of those big missions soon. I renounced my good friendship with the bounty hunters to take missions for the outcasts at Alpha (somehow i was friendly w/ bounties, corsairs and outcasts at the same time). The Bounty hunters Cargo loot is better, but the GMG drop more guns, and are often easier to fight off. Pick your poison. Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet

Thanks alot for your help! I´ll keep trying. Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet

A good tactic is (in Single player only, most humans wouldn´t be dumb enough as opponents to do this) this. AI ships tend to circle out far and then charge straight at you. If you can fire a few shots to get their sheilds down, fire a torpedo at them. Since the game doesn´t treat the torp as a missile, the AI fighters will usually not evade them and acutally blunder straight into it. Depending on who you´re fighting this will destroy an enemy in one or two hits, especially useful in a situation where you are hopelessly outgunned and need to even the odds quickly. Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet

You said Sigma-17, but there I can´t seem to find the jumpgate that you mentioned. I´ve been back and forth across G4 a dozen times with no success. Also, regarding the Omega-47 jump hole, how are you supposed to get there??? The location you gave is smack in the middle of the Zone 21 minefield. Is it even possible to get to this place? Are you using a mod or something for this? Give a man fire and he´ll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life.- Terry Pratchet