Posts by Xero852

How would you go about contacting the Freelancer developers? Microsoft acquired and then dissolved Digital Anvil, so the only way to get in contact with any of the original devs would be THROUGH Microsoft. That said, I'm sure a lot of of them are bound by certain restrictions and won't be able to help out very much anyway. When I was working for Bioware Edmonton I wasn't even allowed to participate in online discussions about Bioware games, even old ones that were no longer fully supported.

If any of the Freelancer devs could be bothered to help out though, that would be really amazing. Most have most likely moved on though, gotta make a living you know?

This is the only forum software I've seen that has an additional "border" around a users signature, and it's kinda annoying. The <hr> line separating the post from the sig is all that's needed, the additional border and "Signature from »User«" text kinda ruins the sleekness imo.

Not really, just have four drop downs 2x2.

First two in the left column are the style selections. Second two in the right column are a list of time options.

Or you could get real fancy and have an actual visual schedule calendar type deal.

After you get some of the big changes and updates completed, you could look into adding two style selections. By default they're both the same, however you can change them both so one is a "daytime" style and other is a "nighttime" style. These will automatically switch based on the users time of day. I would also be nice to be able to set when each style is active, say ""Style 1 from 20:00-07:59" and "Style 2 from 08:00-19:59".

Add in some of the less-known control options that aren't detailed while playing through Singleplayer Freelancer.

"Did you know the the "Z" key will disable your engines?"

etc.

Step 6
    As a friend was so kind to submit the old TLR database (the TLR site before 2008, reaching back to the year 2000) I would like to include at least the threads and posts directly into our new website. We would close a very large missing gap by doing so. Much valueable information would return to TLR.
    This is not an easy job but it is doable.

This is awesome, I've tried searching the site for a lot of information that I remember seeing years ago and I wasn't able to find ANYTHING of value. There's got to be a wealth of information in this database that can really get TLR rolling again.

Thank you OP! Are the [CollisionGroup] and [Simple] sections needed for each ship entry copied in shiparch.ini? Some ships have these, some do not.

Is there a detailed guide on what all the entries in market_ships.ini mean per world? I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. There's a lot more information there than just what ships are being offered for purchase.

In goods.ini what should I do for the ids_name of my custom hulls? I have a feeling I can't just use existing ones from other entries.

Edit2: Didnt work
    Ill create an instruction on how to use the old accounts by getting a new password.

The guide you created here is exactly what I did to try and reset my Freelancer852 account, after receiving the first email and clicking the provided link, it sent me a second email with a newly generated password. This password did not work when I tried to pair it with the Freelancer852 user account at the log in page. Not sure if you know why that was...

I like the new look, however I was unable to login to my old account (Freelancer852). I tried using the password reset feature and that didn't work either. You can delete the Freelancer852 account as I'll use this one instead.

Also, may I suggest changing the automated Private Message sent when a user makes an account? "Welcome Xero852, we wish you much fun at Lancersreactor!" isn't very informative and pretty lame haha.

Edit: I also noticed that the database here isn't 100% accurate to the latest database on TLR, one of my threads that I recently created was missing and such. I also noticed a style FUBAR with the default style when creating new threads (while replacing the one missing from TLR haha):

Edit edit: Hovering over that image when it's resized and having an advertising pop isn't cool imo. And there's a similar odd popup when hovering over the "Lancers Reactor" Rules and Guidelines forum on the forum index.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to add all of the ships that aren't normally pilotable by players into my MOD. I was able to get the Battleship Osiris into my mod but that was only because I copied the "Realistic Battleship MOD" almost one for one. I'd like to know how to do this myself, and I've been put onto the right track to look in shiparch.ini. Could someone make a step-by-step tutorial on how to copy a ship from shiparch.ini and make it into a player flyable ship? Thanks.

This is an example of what I'm looking for:

1) Find the ship you want in shiparch.ini, for this example we'll be using the luxury liner. Find:

Code
    1. nickname = ge_liner

Copy that ship entry to the bottom of shiparch.ini and rename:

Code
    1. nickname = ge_liner

to

Code
    1. nickname = pl_ge_liner

etc

I don't really know what else needs to be done after this. The ships I really want to add to my mod are the following:
    li_cruiser
    li_dreadnought
    br_gunboat
    br_destroyer
    br_battleship
    ku_gunboat
    ku_destroyer
    ku_battleship
    rh_gunboat
    rh_cruiser
    rh_battleship
    ge_liner
    ge_prison
    ge_armored
    ge_transport
    ge_large_transport
    ge_train
    ge_large_train

possibly:
    no_fighter
    no_gunboat
    no_battleship
    ge_csv

Quote from "Shaneobi"

this is possibly a stupid question but figured i would ask... I'm playing with a couple computers in my house via LAN on a server i'm running on my comp , If we wanted to use ships from Mods how would we go about updating the server files to avoid crashing? is there a easy fix to this problem?

Thanks

Just install the mod using FLMM on the server as well as the clients, that generally works. If it doesn't it's because the mod isn't MP compatible.

Hm, the only change I made from the original "Realistic Battleship Mod" was to increase the price of everything. I made the Battleship cost $800,000,000, $1,500,000 for Primary Turrets, $1,000,000 for Missile Turrets, $800,000 for Defensive Turrets. Entered the base with the starting ship from Planet Manhattan and $999,999,999 cash.... I don't see how those numbers would end up with me having more worth after entering and spending near $808,200,000, even with the trade-in value of that other ship I'm left with a significantly less amount of credits than when I entered...

So I've added a Battleship to a mod I'm working on and it's based exactly off the one from the "Realistic Battleship Mod" included with Freelancer Mod Manager. However this Battleship is so slow and unwieldy to turn and control that it's just no fun to use at all! I'd like to increase the responsiveness of this beast and get it under control, in addition I'd like to know if it's possible to prevent my (frigging huge) Battleship from getting bumped and pushed by little tiny fighters and freighters and such.

Here's all the code I think is relevant, I have no idea where to start with this however...

From "DATA\EQUIPMENT\engine_equip.ini":

From "DATA\SHIPS\shiparch.ini":

If there's other code you want me to provide I'll get it for you if I have it!

So I've created my own system and added the Battleship Osiris for purchase on one of the planets with a ship dealer. I can see the ship in-game just fine as well as the Battleship Weapons I added for it, however when I launch to space my client gets a "The connection to the server has been lost" error message and I'm kicked from the game. Does anyone know what I should look for to try and fix this?

When adding the Battleship I just looked at the "Realistic Battleship Mod" that comes with FLMM and added all the mod code from there to my mod, I slightly altered some of it to make it work on the planet I want instead of Planet Manhattan (Li01_01_base or w/e).

EDIT: The server console shows "LOG: Possible cheating detected (Ship Related) by XERO (da9882...)!", I'm not sure why it's having this issue. The client and server are running identical mods.

Well we're playing full multiplayer not just LAN, as he's not always in the same city due to his job. I'll take a look at those mods but I seem to recall a lot of those having additional features as well. I'll look through some of these mods, though it looks like I may have to start work on my own mod, if this is the case I'll likely start a new thread asking about some specifics...