Old New Member

• Greetings,

I was a member of the old Lancer's Reactor before all the chaos occurred. Guess there was a purge involved. I once did a pretty complete system map for Freelancer (with all the wrecks). I also improved upon the commodities trading spreadsheet. I even wrote a rather dubious short-story about Trent and Juni's wedding.

Since then, I got me a copy of Star Lancer, but Freelancer is still my fav. I really dug the characters, the depth of the "universe" and the "freestyle" option after the storyline was done. It won't be the first, nor the last, mistake Microsoft made after acquiring Digital Anvil to not do something with this title. It's the same tragedy I feel every time I see the short-lived Firefly TV series. Oh, and I HATE VISTA!

• Quote from "tanstaafl28"

...Trent and Juni's wedding.

Heh, FL has a lack of love stories, despite the romanticism of all that deep space travels... and that's isn't so good :D

• Quote from "tanstaafl28"

Greetings,

I was a member of the old Lancer's Reactor before all the chaos occurred. Guess there was a purge involved. I once did a pretty complete system map for Freelancer (with all the wrecks). I also improved upon the commodities trading spreadsheet. I even wrote a rather dubious short-story about Trent and Juni's wedding.

Since then, I got me a copy of Star Lancer, but Freelancer is still my fav. I really dug the characters, the depth of the "universe" and the "freestyle" option after the storyline was done. It won't be the first, nor the last, mistake Microsoft made after acquiring Digital Anvil to not do something with this title. It's the same tragedy I feel every time I see the short-lived Firefly TV series. Oh, and I HATE VISTA!

...dude...it's like looking in a mirror. I hate vista too! I like freeplay, too! I preffer the old TLR, too! I have no idea why it was changed, too! One thing though, I mod SP freelancer quite a bit. I have tried things like regenning hulls, advanced encounters, you name it. Sometimes my ideas work. And all my sisters totally dug the Firefly series. Never got into it myself, though. Too busy playing Freelancer :P

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• Thats because you tend to turn up when the wind blows the sand around. :mrgreen:

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!