control mod for sp or osp

• I dont think its possible from what ive read from the various threads throught the years -- It is hard coded into the game -- its one of the reasons the source code is wanted --

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• You know i've played freelancer for years and never understood why it wasn't set up for a joy stick as so many other flight type games were such as descent 2 and 3 and even games such as mechwarrior.would any of the hardcoding modders even know if it can be done,as it is i would like to be able to go online to play have never done any online playing,donn't know how you go about getting on a sever to play,so i'm stuck playing offline :(

• I did a precursory search of the threads and came up with these two quotes

" The reason being is the guns rotate on their mounts. Therefore it would greatly limit you in being able to proficiently target your enemies. "

" There is a Mod/plug as it were, if you can find it, that Bargib came up with that let you use a joystick. Not sure who would have it these days "

-- i will endeavear to ask " elsewhere " to see if anyone has an interface or knows about the mod that is mentioned below -- as your request is from a disability angle rather than a wah wah i prefer a different interface I will give it a serious search

-- there has always been a great amount of sobbing ( myself included ) because of the mouse especially among the flight sim comunity from which FL has deep roots IE wing commander and chris roberst who is the father of the whole genre that FL comes from

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• Didn't know that. It's such a great game,it looks like you could have set the weapons to move with the pov, ms made a big mistake not carrying through, but thats like microsoft.just buy up the companys and then squash them,bottom line all the way,they could have gone a long way with this game, especialy with the following that free lancer has.they are probaly not even aware what kind of following the game has . whished i had a spell check :)

• There's a simple solution already developed that will not only work with Freelancer but with ANY game that doesn't have built-in gamepad/joystick/racing wheel support!

Its a nifty program called 'Joy2Key', just do a google search for it (but be sure to disable/block their cookies first unless you like 'Big Brother').

It'll let you remap any keybindings to be on your joystick or gamepad. Lets say I had a Gamepad with XYAB (like the old school SNES one) then I could make the X button be interpreted by my game as the 'Dock' command in Freelancer, for instance. Naturally you can assign as many or as few as you want, using the keyboard for any commands that don't fit on the Joystick, OR you can have modifier keys essentially giving you 2x or 3x as many possible combinations using the same joystick.

Uh, just use Joy2Key. ^_^

• one question

can i use a PC-Compatible PlayStation2 controller with this program to play "Freelancer"?

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D

• possibly you can check on the dev.site and see but as it is basicly a control device i wouldn't see why not you just will have to tesr it and see as i don't have your device it would be hsrd to test out but if it does please post it and the type and model of the controler as i am going to start a list soon to see what works and don't, so it'll be easyer for the phy. challenged and be sure to post in assabilities section as i ck that every couple of days for new postings

[center]Thank you
    Yellow Eagle[/center]

• ok ok :D

i was watching my controller and i figured out some controls that i could use in Freelancer with that controller

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D

• Quote from "Yellow Eagle"

Cool what kind of controler is it

It's similar to a PlayStation2's Dualshock controller! :D

It would be cool if i could play "Freelancer" with it! :lol: