HUD modifications. Are they real?

• I was blasted by damn NPC yesterday, because i was too drunk to look at the bottom of the screen and see the indicators falling down. Damn funny, 55 containers of Artifacts lost and... well. That's my idea.

Did the ways to change the HUD exists? Anyone who knows, give me a point... Looks like HUD is the same 3D object, as the ships etc. But importing these files into MilkShape are quite useless. Decompressed INI-files doesn't giving much modding freedom.

p.S. How to import models of part damage caps into milkshape? Tried it, but vertex coordinates are all being completely screwed up.

• The Freeworlds mod has new hud and cockpit graphics, looks cool :D
    hmmm filter Xed out the word c o c k p i t

[center]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBjBIi5oDRU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBjBIi5oDRU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/center]

• Not the c-pit! I've said about the HUD. Power-Shield-Condition indicators, speedometer, thrust power indicator and other things. I want to put them on other places, change colors, even texture 'em if i can do it.

• FL Hack will let you change the order and/or color of the power/shield/hull gauges. It can also "reverse the status", so they start empty and increase to full. It might be possible to make them transparent, but I don't think texturing is possible. All I could really do with speed and thruster is swap them, what else did you have in mind?

• I'd like to see something like this (image is not real - it's MS Paint edited :mrgreen: only for example).
    My mod makes gameplay much more dynamic, and original indicators can distract your attention from combat...

The last crazy thing i mentioned... Some hardcore DirectX programming, hooking a resident program to FL output screen (or memory?) and ship condition variables, and painting the "alternate HUD" at a real-time in game... Well, it's crazy anyway.

• Hmm, repositioning the gauges and thruster/speed values shouldn't really be a problem, nor should making the gauges bigger. Making the gauges vertical, though, is a bit more difficult. I'll have a play around...

• I've attached a prototype version which will position the shield and hull gauges inside the hit indicators (at least, that's where they are on my 1024x768 display). This version has no off option, so you'll have to restart to remove it. Since the gauges overlay the Nav Map and other windows, it might work best with the "Reverse status" option. If this is what you want, I'll develop it further. Maybe I can detect when the windows are open and turn off the gauges, if you don't like reverse status.