Little Modding help

• Hi there, im nw to modding, and ie just made a fw basic systems, ive got a few bases in them and have some jump holes. it works fine apart from when i try to dock it just says "Docking not allowed". why is this and how can i get around it?? thanks

• In the shiparch.ini does the ship have the line "mission_property = can_use_berths"

and have you added somewhere to dock for example dock ring/fixture?

Is this all ships? Vanilla or modded?
    All planets and bases?
    Docking with the JH or just the bases?

• well i cant dock to anything that you can possibly dock with: mooring fixture, docking ring, jump hole, jump gate, trade lane..etc. and its all ships. and i dont know what "vanilla" means lol. this is my first mod

• Ok.. just quickly "vannila" means "stock".. Plain basic Freelancer without any added flavor or extra ships/code ect..
    Basically what you get when you first install ;)

As for your problem.. I'm stumped cant say i've encountered that one before myself.. but im willing to try and help..
    MSN me (addys in profile) or Xfire.. its all good.. send me your code.. I'll load it.. and we can try to work out whats wrong..
    and you may learn a thing or 2 along the way ;) and so may I..

You sound alot like me when i started.. delving into the unkown head first.. i like that ;)

Just let us know when you'll be around in GMT and i'll try my best to be there.. (im in AUS.. so i have to plan these things in advance lmao) weekdays are better as my weekends are often hectic in RL

Oh.. and this goes to all new modders wanting a helping hand getting started. I'm always willing to show and teach what i know to anyone in need (or just bored).. and sometimes it helps me understand things more if i explain it out loud.. lmao..

• Oooh ok, i understand now lol.
    well ive uninstalled FL, and reinstalled it again, so im starting fresh. so if it doenst work again il be back to complain some more lol.

I'll make a note of your add for msn, but at the moment, the only internet connection i get is from my mobile modem, and my network filters msn -_-. im usually around on and off all day (between 7a.m. - 2a.m. next morning GMT), if im online here, im availible lol.

• Ooh Case Closed. LOL. i don't know what i did, but i had to delete all my saves and reinstall the game, and now my new jump hole works fine =]. if i have any more issues il come back to here. =]