Access Denied!

• So, I recently bought Freelancer after being reminded about it recently. I used to play the snot out of the demo back in the day but for some reason never bought it. Anyway, I'm at mission 9 and on my way back to Kyoto after defeating the Rhineland ships. When I try to dock with jump hole it repeatedly tells me "access denied." I've removed all the mods (All graphics only at this point) all patches and reinstalled the the game. I've also started from different saves right before the mission. However, nothing changes. So I've edited the save files to unlock all the jump gates and holes and that doesn't even work. I'd really like to finish the game but the game seems to have other ideas, anybody ever had this problem or have any ideas about getting around it?

• I should have said that I've completely uninstalled the game and then reinstalled. I used Revo so the reinstall was like installing it again for the first time.

In any case, no change :( The only common denominator is the save files. I've been using the save I made at Kyoto preceding the mission, the auto saves during, and the periodic saves it makes during the mission. Is there maybe a way to hack the save file to let me skip mission 9 so I can continue?

• yes, I would be glad to upload my save file for mission ten. but I will have to find it first so expect a lil' wait. Also, you would lose your equipment and ship and you would get what I used.

• :o That would be awesome! :D

When I was trying to get the jump hole to open I stumbled across a character editor program that makes it easy to change save stats like which ship you have and which gates/holes are open(didn't work on this one) so it won't be any trouble to change your stats to mine and continue. All I need is just that little bump to get me on the other side of that hole.

• Terribly sorry it took so long but I was finally able to retrieve the files from my other computer. The zip file containing all mission files is attached. Good luck