Discovery OpenSP and other Mods

• I want to play around with Freelancer again, and so I was thinking I'd play with a mod. Discovery seemed to be a good mod to add some content without hurting the feel of the game.

I wanted to change a couple things though. I was hoping to be able to use the Speed Mod, but I'm noticing that Discovery changes Constants.ini as well. If I enable Speed Mod after I enable Discovery, do I end up with Speed Mod's version of constants.ini, or do I get a mix of both sets of changes?

Also, I wanted something similar to Friendly Universe. I don't want to be starting over constantly, so I'd like to be able to easily boost my reputation with factions I ticked off. Is there an easy way to do this so that I'll be friendly with the added Discovery factions as well?

Thanks in advance.

• Applying Speed Mod after Discovery should not be a problem. You could also just edit constants.ini yourself, should be obvious enough what to change. For reputations (and cruise) you could use my Console, which lets you do lots of things. Unfortunately, there's a bug atm preventing using the short faction name to change reputation, so you'll have to guess the nickname (look at initialworld.ini) until I get around to fixing it.

• Using Friendly Universe shouldn't affect Discovery at all. Some of my friends complain that they can't employ any ship mods in the game, but with the nice selection of ships already incorporated in Discovery, why would you? :)

• I am going to try Discovery too, as i like the SP chance and the great additions that they describe. Hope to see more about it from your experience if you care to share as you advance.

• panzer225MAAZ here -My current favorite Mod for freelancer is Rebalanced 3.55,because you get to change EVERYTHING!!!Most mods are just the plain jane freelancer with add-ons ,while rebalanced 3.55 use get to change powerplants,engines,thrusters!! Simple,find a ship with two thrusters or more,get the HORUS THRUSTERS AT Suntrap Research Station,Get the upgrade powerplant two at Detroit Munintions,and then just run from EVERYBODY!!Horus thrusters generate 313.3 mps thrust,with TWO,on some ships,you are drag racing away from your enemies at up to 540mps!!! :ugeek: