FL SP Mods which ones work right through ?

• Hi Freelancers,
    I would appreciate your help or advice on the available mods in the download section.
    Could you please list which mods you found work right through in SP.
    In the past I have found some only worked in SP up until the Sprage mission.
    Some failed right before the prison ship mission, because it is destroyed as soon as you join formation outside Pitsburg.
    Others were unplayable because of the increassed cruise speed ( and atrociously bad auto piloting ) see you constantly destroyed by crashing into everything in the debris or asteroids fields during missions.
    I personally much prefare playing SP if and when I have the spare time.
    I loved trying out SP friendly mods and seeing what great improvements and new ideas the modders had put into them to give SP a fresh breath of life.
    For a couple of years, back when I had more spare time on my hands, I played on a few excellent Multiplayer servers but didn't really take to it, always got sick of having to guard clan systems etc and the lack of freedom of exploring every system because some clan or other owns it.
    Open SP isn't as enjoyable to me as SP so I would really appreciate mod names that do work right through in SP
    So any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.
    Happy Frelancing

• Sorry not an answer to your actual question, but information, you will find that many mutliplay servers will now allow people to wear a non-RP tag that stops anybody bothering you so you can play on your own terms.

• I myself play the open single player, But I would think that discovery Mod 4.84 would work in straight single player mode -- perhaps also TNG and I kinda think the monkey universe would work too . You have to get a mod very close to the original game.

I am at the moment still exploring Rebalance 3.56.

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• Discovery and Monkey Universe do work fine in the SP storyline. Also, the Just-For-Fun mod and Evolutions mod both work fine in the SP story. All four of those are good mods.

• just a thought

you might want to download discovery 4.84 sooner rather than later, as they are discussing doing away with the basic storyline in the next version of the mod.

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• The recent versions of Discovery are OpenSP only, including 4.84. You can try to play straight SP on them but balance issues will crop up until you reach Escape From Liberty - you get instagibbed the second the cinematic ends. :shock:

In the "old days" there were quite a few mods with that problem - content-addons that rebalanced or added flyable capships would always end the campaign right there, as the "rebalanced" (read:buffed) Liberty Cruiser turrets inevitably ate you the instant you gained control of your ship... :roll:

• I've always enjoyed single player and it's challenges. My hat's off to you.
    What I personally would like to see are the optional choices that should
    have been offered in the latter part of SP campaign. However, DA (&microsoft)
    left a lot of stuff in the data files that was meant to be added to the game
    but was never implemented due to the rush at getting the game out to
    "cut their losses".

• Quote from "Solitaire"

The recent versions of Discovery are OpenSP only, including 4.84. You can try to play straight SP on them but balance issues will crop up until you reach Escape From Liberty - you get instagibbed the second the cinematic ends. :shock:

In the "old days" there were quite a few mods with that problem - content-addons that rebalanced or added flyable capships would always end the campaign right there, as the "rebalanced" (read:buffed) Liberty Cruiser turrets inevitably ate you the instant you gained control of your ship... :roll:

Discovery 4.84 is NOT OpenSP only. I've played through the SP Campaign many times on that mod. It's hard as hell though.

• Discovery does indeed work through SP, but any mission involving hostile battleships will be... more realistic, shall we say.

I've beaten it before, but it wasn't easy. I do recall someone saying you can go into an ini. file and put the difficulty down to null, so that you can pass those missions with ease. If anyone knows more of that, it would be good. I have no coding skills whatsoever. :mrgreen:

• You're looking for the PerfOptions file I think. To find it, first you have to go to My Documents, then My Games, then Freelancer, and then click PerfOptions. Scroll down until you find DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 1.00 and change 1.00 to 0.00 to make yourself invincible. If you want a real challenge (emphasis on challenge), then set it to 2.00 (you'll probably want to kill me afterwards). Once you've changed it, save the file, and play! You get a real sense of accomplishment though if you play through the whole SP Campaign without any cheats or editing.

• Yeah, that's it. Thanks Klaw.

It's generally not big deal to set yourself to invincible on just the "Rheinland Fleet" mission. It is literally impossible; the only way of victory being to hide in the edge of the asteroid field, letting your incompentant (but invincible) wingmates do damage little by little to the heavyweights, and dodging any stray GB shots that might find their way over to your hiding place.

It's not fun, I spent nearly two hours effectively waiting out that mission. The other battleship killing missions are seriously hard, but possible. So I suggest you use that trick on the one, but not the others if you decide to play Disco through.

Good journeys. :D

• I've seen harder. Mission 12: After Entering the Nomad Lair. When you jump to Omicron Minor, you'll be greeted by about 30 Nomad Fighters and Gunboats (who use battleship turrets too). Compared to this, Mission 7: Engage the Rheinland Fleet was a walk in the park. It's still hard though and you will probably have to hide in the asteroid field for a bit until the Battleship is down. Afterwards, you can try to attack with torpedoes and guns. Be sure to dodge a lot though.