Freelancer stuck with mission 7

• Either start a new game and keep on the right side of the "good guys", or use Ioncross character editor to get your rep with the Shinkaku owners fixed. "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don´t"

• From a storyline point of view, it´s not a bug of the game. Look at it this way: If you play a fantasy RPG and you are required to save a village from some bandits, but you choose to kill the villagers instead, how can you complete your mission? Is this a bug of the game? Or is it an indicator that you did not play the game well (ie, made the wrong decision)? I can see where you are coming from, being a Freelancer game and all, but while playing the single player missions, you still have to remember that Trent is supposed to be helping his affiliates succeed in their goal. So running missions AGAINST a faction that you are supposed to be helping can be looked at as a poor decision, one which you are now suffering the consequences. All computer games require us to be powerful, intelligent, cunning, strategic and make the right decisions in order to win. When in battle, you have to make the right decisions in order to survive. If you die during battle, do you blame the game and say it´s a bug? Now, I know many people will argue this, but I´m just trying to get you to look at it from another perspective. Is it the game´s fault that you chose to make an enemy out of the faction you are supposed to be helping? Mabye it is...but then again, maybe it isn´t. Maybe part of winning the game isn´t just surviving the missions and killing the enemies. Maybe part of winning the game is making the right choices and not making the wrong enemies. Just my 2 cents. I still TOTALLY can understand your frustration in that situation. If you are willing to take the time (and want to keep the same game), you should start running missions from other bases, or look for bribes at other bases that you can use to get back in good standing with Shukoku. Cheers, Wap

• that´s happend to me before. i think it was when i accidently shot newark station with a missle coz i pressed the wrong button, it was the second mission when i had to get to planet manhatten in the beginning the docking ring wouldn´t let me dock. People are changed by their worlds Trent, rarely vice versa. -Jun´ko Zane

• Could be a bug, I remember making dozens of Blood Dragon kills before the mission where you get taken to meet, er... no spoilers. Well, before you get taken to meet one of them. Anyway, they were friendly straight away. " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• Yah, but you don´t try to land at a Blood Dragon base first. You land somewhere else, and talk to Ozu, who makes you friendly. It´s a slightly different situation. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing. Edited by - Bruiser19 on 4/30/2004 6:51:07 AM

Trent: It`s not the time, it`s the sides that keep changing.

• During, after and right before the storyline missions the faction reps are changed to a scripted setting. I can´t give any examples without spoilers so you´d have to take my word for it. The Shinkaku mission should allow you to dock. If it doesn´t it´s a bug. I sugest a simple reïnstall and see if it solves it, as it usually does. Don´t worry about your savegames, they won´t be deleted. Just to be on the safe side, delete your autosave before you restart. A questions, have you installed the official Patch v1.1? If you have, do not install it again after the reïnstall, it tends to screw up the game and it´s for servers anyway, so you won´t need it. << ERROR 404 - SIG NOT FOUND >>

• He can´t do that, because he´s saved on the actual mission. When you start a mission, some rep changes happen automatically, but other than that, your rep gets locked down. The idea is that situations like this <i>don´t </i> happen, but it means you´re stuffed if they do... &quot;There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don´t&quot;