Using Nova Cannons... help!

• Hehehe, this is a very common question. You have to hold down the trigger till at least half of the energy has been used up. The longer you hold it, the more powerful the blast. The Nova Cannon is only good against stationary objects like Kurgens and Turrets, but not good agaisnt fighters unless you have superhuman aim. --------------------- -Guess What? -Chicken Butt.

• Superhuman aim huh, wonder if that guy I saw killing a bunch of ships in co-op with the Nova Cannon practiced for 50 hours a day (hmm.. 24 hours a day, 50 hours.. hmmm..time pauser software no doubt) "Fight until you can fight no more"

---------------------------------------- No matter how big a problem seems, there would always be hope, as long as someone keeps trying.

• LIES !

I have yet to miss a fighter with the nova cannon! hold down trigger, then use a/b to get nice and close... like right before u would bounce off of them... instead though, release trigger right before u hit them and instead of bouncing u go right thru their space dust! booooyaaa! p0wned! ....silly collition wanker!

If only I had a cloak on that ship... all i need is a cloak and nova cannon... oh yeah AND reverse thrust... which both have.."oh shit whats that in front of me going backwards?? *decloak* WTF?? AAHHHHRRRRGG!!!!"

while im at it with crazy tactics.. heres another one that actually works(reverse cloak thing was a joke.. might work with a cap ship but not a fighter..that is IF there was a ship that had cloak and nova) anyways... on task.. crazy tactics... removing turrets! this works with any ship w/ reverse thrust and guns! they all have guns right? on task... set throttle to half-ish and get fairly close to cap ship... use reverse thrust(i bind it to a non-shift key cus otherwise how the hell can u really use it tactically[since my a/b is JS button i use TAB]) this will keep u from hitting the ship... but u get farther away... relase and ur going forward again... now combine that with strafe thrusters(again i bound these to 2 JS buttons and roll is 3rd axis) and roll and you can make insanely short work of turrets on a cap ship. ALSO if u find urself sucking at it when u first try, set throttle to 0 and use a/b to go forward instead of just releasing reverse. this way u dont ram it on accident. once u get better do it the first way so u dont wast a/b (u def dont need a/b speed for this maneuver) WHY would u kill turrets liek this u ask?? 1. IT keeps u moving very irradically, the turrets and any fighters will probably not hit u much... at least not enough to do anything to ur shields. 2. the other method that keeps u moving takes a very long time(swooping in shooting then going past and turning around) and a lot of time it doesnt even line u up to shoot what u want making u either waste more time or try doing something that results in u pancaking on the side of the cap ship. 3 this method allows much easier access to front mounted (as in on the nose) turrets

I love posting to threads to argue with people 3903 days after the last post! i showed them!

no need to bump this or make replies... this post is a top google hit for how to use nova cannon and i wanted to add some real info to it for ppl looking for help... right now its extremely dry for being the first hit.