Geforec 4 Mx440 with 8x AGP Problems

• this sounds like you bios dont likee you gpu. update your mobo bios and any other drivers on your computer. down grade to just drect x 9 or 9.b this may help. if you have sp2 uninstall it. if all else fails reinstall you gpu it that doesnt help reinstall windows. later p.s dont look behind u

• Uh... before you try any of those really drastic options... 1. Reinstall FL, and let it tell you that it doesn´t recognize your video card. Or do like I did when I bought a GF6600GT the other day, and go into the file C:Documents and Settingsyour_user_account_name_hereMy DocumentsMy GamesFreelancer, where there´s a file called PerfOptions.ini, that has a bunch of graphical options that you can change. Among others, you can change the line: SkipMachineWarnings=TRUE To SkipMachineWarnings=FALSE And it´ll re-negotiate your DX settings with your new video card. 2. Try turning any of the default driver settings for the card, such as full-screen AA and other stuff like that... OFF... and see what happens. I haven´t had a lick of trouble with either Geforce card I´ve played FL with- a 4200Ti and this new 6600GT. I also have XP SP2, DX 9.0c, and the latest drivers from nVidia. So I´m pretty sure that none of these things are causing your headaches- it may be sound-related (unlikely, since it sounds like you haven´t changed that), and it might be related to the mobo firmware/drivers/AGP settings (but this isn´t terribly likely, especially if the card is working great for other games). Most likely, it´s one of FL´s funky issues with the way your card´s doing certain DX things, and if you concentrate on the game settings, you´ll probably be able to get this cleaned up.