FL Server Help

• If you are unable to connect to the sever and you are on the same LAN then my first guess would be that you have a local firewall running on the server (possible built in windows?) if you are simply waiting on the internet player to start flocking in, you should wait as it may take several days/weeks/months. For troubleshooting purposes....first check to see if you can connect from the same box that the server is running on, then from a box that is on your LAN, then from a box outside of your network. That will tell you where your problem lies.

• Hey thanks for the reply. I should probably have mentioned that I CAN connect to the server from within my LAN (both from the same PC running the server and another PC. I´m thinking that maybe the hits I am seeing on my firewall are people looking at the server but maybe not wanting to create a an account ??

• until you tell us the IP of the server and the port in use then we can´t test it. Note if you haven´t set a port by default it is 2302 that is used to query the server Edited by - Pinger on 3/24/2005 9:21:19 AM

• I didn´t specify a port - just opened the range 2300 - 2400. The server address should be nat´d to 81.6.229.135. The server name appears as Athlon Rebalance 3.40 Upgd 2.1. If anyone can try a test I will be most grateful.

• i am running my own lan server, where i got some friends joining once in a while. but i am currently having some server proplems and i need to backup up all of my stuff, incl. my server accnts in freelancer. but how do i transfer my freelancer accounts from one server to another? i have tried manually to just copy the accounts to the new server. but i can´t see them if i try to join. but if i copy the files(not just the directory) into the created folder on the new server, then i can´t login and i get an error message,(can´t remember what it says but something like: not correct password etc. etc.) so i can´t seem to figure out how to do this. im not sure if im correct but i think its because when i created my first server i got a number that the game said that i needed to write down, but i didn´t think it was necesary so i didn´t but i think that i need that code to use the other accounts? is there another way? i am beginning to get desperate, and i can´t seem to find an answer anywhere! regards,