MODS

• ok, so i need some serious help here. i use to play freelancer quite a bit a few years ago and decided to get back into it when i heard that the new web page had been formed. personally i think this is one of the greatest games ever. so here is my problem. I cant seem to get any of the mods to work properly. I am using mod manager 1.3 but they dont want to install right. I am not super computer savey and just want to play open sp with a bunch of ships and equipement to choose from. any suggestions please let me know. thanks

• Well, for starters, what are you trying to activate? What is the error given by FLMM?

Be sure to set the correct directory for Freelancer in FLMM. C:\xxxxx\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

• Ok, first of all, what operating system are you running, and which mods are you trying to install?

There can be issues with some versions of windows depending on where you install the game to, and some mods need a newer version of FLMM than 1.31.

Have you installed the official 1.1 patch, some mods need that, have you installed any of the unofficial patches, some mods (usually the smaller ones) need one or other of the unofficial patches installed first.

If you give us some more info about your setup and what you have tried so far, we may be able to help you.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Thank you for the replies. I have tried to install several conversion mods including Rebalance and colonial wars and AC clanwars. also i have tried several small mods like the star wars ship mod by Porche. two main problems are trying to activate a Mod in the mod manager it tells me that there is an unspecified problem with the MOd and it cannot be activated. or when installing a MOD i get an error saying that the mod conflicts with another MOD and the file may be corrupt.
    I am currently opperating a new Laptop using windows 7, with 2.2 ghz processor and about 3GB of RAM. I am going to to attempt to change the directory of the MOD Manager and put it in the same directory as freelancer program. any ather suggestions i would appreciate it. thank you.