strategy board game by Fantasy Flight Games.

• This is Io9 review of Game Dust a Strategic Board Game that looks Interesting

It's 1941, and you're sending a battalion of giant combat mechs to attack Russia. Your air support fighters were built using technology you recovered from a crashed alien ship in the Antarctic, and no one has bothered trying to develop atomic weapons because you're all too busy trying to gather a weird alien energy source known as "VK." This isn't World War II. It isn't even World War III. This is Dust, an 800-piece strategy board game by Fantasy Flight Games.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://io9.com/5025657/what-if-we-had-advanced-alien-tech-during-world-war-ii">http://io9.com/5025657/what-if-we-had-a ... rld-war-ii</a><!-- m -->

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• hmmm, sounds and looks intriguing, I rather like alternative history as long as it's not too preposterous, which this isn't; but tell me o Horse of TLR, how do you roll the dice with your hooves?

while we're on the subject, you know that self-styled rabbit-horse chimaera thing, Esquilax? well is he part horse or not? Does he have hooves or doesn't he? We need to know because you're a horse and you'd know, and there's nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth, as it were.

So is Esquilax a horse, or is he neighhhhhhh?

I've got a nice sugar lump for you, I know how you like them :)

• I snort and lift my tail in your general direction --I was abig player of axis and allies and other games of that nature and this did look interesting -- as for Esquilax I would think you would know more than i -- you've got some perverted form of hero worship going there ?? You always seem to ask about him mmmm sounds fixated kinda -- Have you always had this kinda of weird attraction problem with small furry animals ??

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• akshuly he's on trial for claiming hooves and other equine attributes that he hasn't got, so we wanted your opinion on the matter. we (the Prosecution) may have to subpoena you.

back on topic - I haven't played a board strategy game for years, except Diplomacy - lack of enough layers. My brother and I used to play a lot when we were kids but once computators came in the late 80s early 90s Ive not even touched one, apart from kiddie board games (with the sprogs) Must say though that i soon took to the turn based strategy games like Steel Panthers by SSi which I'm sure you're very familiar with, a while back I revisted it and found out that there was a huge online community devoted to not only keeping these games alive but making them even more historically accurate with campaigns, units, orders of battle etc. I was rather impressed. Sadly however I lack the time to really get back into it, these aren't quick games and Mrs Taw has a habit of walking in at critical moments and demanding to use eBay even though nthere are five other computators in the house :evil: I'm sure that this is a phenomenon which most of the older married TLRers here will be familiar with (female conspiracies to stop you enjoying yourself in any way at all that doesn't involve her)