how do you guys get credits at 1.0 missions

• now i just finished mission 9. i just have about 30,000 credits left.
    i am now rank 16 pilot. :shock:

Mission 9 is a nightmare for me. i flied hawk with 4 of 8.33 machine guns.
    guns were too weak and could not destroy the targets. then the battleship would kill me easily. finally i had to hide under the battleship and used missiles to destroy it then finished the mission. it took me about 2 hours. :cry:

i hope i can get more credits and find better fight plane. :roll:

• If you are playing vanilla FL, the best solution is to use the IonCross Freelancer Character Editor. It's pretty popular and should be in the downloads section. You can not only change the amount of money you have, but the reputations, weapons, commodities, equipment, and even the ship you have. I believe you can also change your location as well. You might want to give it a try.

You can also use one of the saved game editors, along with Notepad or WordPad, to change the amount of money you have. However, if you make a mistake in editing the saved game file, FL will crash when you load up that saved game.

• ...And of course if you want to do it the in-game way, after the first couple of missions to open up Liberty space, just don't accept the next campaign mission until you've built up your worth to a few 100K or a few M credits. It just takes awhile.

• Mission #9. Oh how sweet it is!

I understand your sense of frustration (having played single player more times than I can remember)

Nah...don't go fooling around with any character editors or other such stuff.
    (you'll ruin the challenge and adventure)

So...you're in need of credits and from the looks of it, pretty badly.

Here is what I did.
    Oddly, I discovered my rep with the Outcasts and Bounty Hunters had shifted
    to "neutral" by the time I landed on Kyushu. (check it out)
    If you happen to be neutral with them, there is a gold mine of wrecks with weapons and commodities to be found. Between Kyushu and Omicron Alpha.
    (nah..I'm not gonna tell you where to find the jump holes, but here's a hint)
    Start backtracking to the Outcast Base in the Tau Systems you came from.
    Look for more jump holes and go exploring places you havn't thought about.
    (good time to think "outside the box" )
    If you happen to grab commodities and some pirate wants them, give them the commodities because you'll notice they won't ask you for the weapons you're going to find...and THOSE weapons are worth A LOT of credits.
    The first set of code weapons that you happen to grab off of a wreck might just trigger the "next mission" and Juni to contact you. But that does not mean
    you have to go immediately to her. Take your casual time and keep exploring.
    Check out the clouds, nebulas and in short, leave no sector of each system you visit untouched.
    Fight when you absolutely have to, run when you can escape.
    It also sounds as though you have a ship unsuited for the tasks at hand. (Britonan perhaps? )
    You'll find ships that you can buy suited only for your level.
    In this case, probably the Barracuda (bounty hunter), Dragon HF (on kusari battleships and why Kyoto doesn't sell it beats me, since they fly it). Anyway,
    you need a ship that will mount Class 6 weapons (max). The Hawk is a nice light fighter, but somewhat weak in my opinion since it can mount only 4 guns.

If you haven't assaulted Tohoku yet, listen to their advice. Because you'll be facing another battleship. The safest way is "up through the bottom" of the rock. (a little radiation damage, but it's easier than dodging missles from
    the battleship).

At some point, you're going to end up on The Osiris. That's where you can buy
    the Anubis "dirt cheap" and equip it with all class six weapons (except for the turret) . Also Order weapons are "dirt cheap", but very good weapons for the remainder of the campaign.

Anyway, once you reach a certain level, it won't matter how much cash you have available, you hit level 17 and remain there until the end of the campaign. After that, whatever stuff you found and sold since then will be tallied up and applied to your level status. (With enough stuff, you can hit level
    38 sometimes at the end of the campaign as I did! )

At the end, your rep will be readjusted since you'll be the Hero. So, on that note, keep on exploring and watch your six.
    You'll have a lot more systems to discover and more wrecks to find.
    To say the least, the adventure does not stop at the end of the campaign.

• way to go, dude, you just like totally spoiled it for him. he only wanted to know about that one mis. I myself have played through sp about 14 times.

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• I lost count of the number of times I've played SP.

Just helping out someone who seems to be short on credits to get to the next
    mission.

Besides, be nice. If you want to bash, keep it to yourself.