freelancer 2

• After Microshaft "absorbed" Digital Anvil, the possibility of FL2 going into production died with them. No FL2, sorry :-/

• Many hundreds of attempts have been made for them to realease the source code, but it has yet to be released. The only ideas are that because Microsoft isn't making any money off of it anymore, they don't want anyone else to either.

• Quote from "Alfa Astrix"

Many hundreds of attempts have been made for them to realease the source code, but it has yet to be released. The only ideas are that because Microsoft isn't making any money off of it anymore, they don't want anyone else to either.

That does sound exactly like one would expect MS to act... At least we have many people dedicated to making Freelancer much more than MS could. It's a good deal with what we have and I like it just fine. There are other cool games and I'll play some, but Freelancer will always be a game I'll play, in one form or another.

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."

• Well if it makes you feel any better, two years ago, a "super mod" was attempted by a large group of people that were going to try and atleast create a Freelancer 1.99. Needless to say they fell apart and that dream was never finished. What happened to it, I would even like to know as i was apart of it.

• I wonder if <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.uberlancer.com">http://www.uberlancer.com</a><!-- m --> is trying the same type of thing - don't know much,
    but I guess they're trying to get as close to a Freelancer 2 as possible... I also note that Alfa, firekiss, and others are on a track to vastly improve the game experience. Such mods can easily be as a Freelancer2, but w/o MS...

&quot;A little excitement in an otherwise dull day...&quot;

• I very much doubt it as all it will ever be is an addon mod. It can't be anything else as its using the current game engine as those of us who mod obviously do.

For there to be an FL2, someone would have to make a new game engine and that's not what uberlancer is all about

• If it makes you feel any better, I just made a discovery that with someone who knows C++, after a few years of work, FL2 may happen. If what I'm thinking is correct, then all but the physics engine can be changed.

• we could change it all we will can create better physics (battleships problem)
    we could give new features to the engine (wormhole creator) there is alot of it but with lack of source code it cannot be realized

• No, by no means. Just earlier today I was messing around with a series of the system files, and all of a sudden it hit me that if I can talk to some people privately about C++ editing, I may have figured out how to unlock at least 90% of the source code to Freelancer. But I don't want to say anything more about that because I don't want people that can't help jumping down my throat till me and my friends know more.

To be perfectly honost, the one person I could really use right now is Alchander.

But if what I have discovered is true, and can get a team of modders around, then yes, me and my friends will begin working on Freelancer 2, or as I call it, Freelancer 1.99.

• Quote from "Alfa Astrix"

But if what I have discovered is true, and can get a team of modders around, then yes, me and my friends will begin working on Freelancer 2, or as I call it, Freelancer 1.99.

Man if that's your aim, I wish you not only the best of luck, but also the best of support. I wish I had even a clue (all I know is a little of Java) how to actually help any mod, but I know there are those who are very good at C++. I was just yesterday mentioning yourself along with others as being on the cutting edge of bringing FL to a higher level, and I hope this does work out for you and the entire Freelancer community. Kudos to you and all who strive as you do.
    Lancerwarrior

&quot;A little excitement in an otherwise dull day...&quot;

• Thank you for the compliment, but I have only made a discovery, no where near actually doing it. I just got the a Visual C++ application, and am going to read some tutorials later on how to mess with it. But still, if anyone knows anything about this, please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:alfaastrix@gmail.com">alfaastrix@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.