2 Cents About This Site

• I didn't know where else to put this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways, I have a few things to say about this site.

First, I have to ask what happened to this site since AzzA left? It seems as though he was the only one running it. If it's such a problem to run this site like it was meant to, ask for more help. I mean I know everyone has lives, but being stubborn is hurting things.

Second, what happened to the restoration process? Supposedly a hole list of things were going to be done that have yet to have anything done with. Take the ranking system for instance; would take someone maybe 5 min. tops to do, but yet has been months since it was first said.

Third, TLR used to be like the main hive for all of the other mods that Freelancer had to offer. Now it's fallen to only a handful. On top of that, most of the people that have been a part of TLR for years have left because they don't like what it's become. That's more than just a hint that maybe something needs to be done about that, like finding out what's wrong and offering peace instead of "well it's their problem". Look at all the new members to TLR sitting here asking "What are some good mods?" when it could be that they have a choice of mods from the start to look at. That they only need to ask that if they want to know which one people enjoyed the most.

TLR has fallen, and still is falling. I'm not saying it's going to die by any means, but we were once Liberty at it's finest, and are now nothing more than the Outcasts. Something needs to be done, which is why I want this to get to the right people. I can't act as an Admin, so the people that are need to do their jobs.

• Although I've been a quiet FL member for quite some time, I must say that I agree with your well written post. I'd like to see TLR become what it used to be - a hive for great modders and enthusiastic FL players. An active administration is critical for this to happen.

• Yes, and along with that. Can you imagine what would happen if Digital Anvil and/or Microsoft suddenly decided that they would release the source code (like they should have already), not that it's likely to happen, but if it did. This site would undoubtedly become flooded with people trying to do this and that and the other making mods, wanting new tools, and generally being a pain to those of us who have been here for a long time. (I myself have been here for years on and off but haven't had my own account cause I really haven't had anything decent to add to TLR) So here's hoping we can gain some mental clarity out of all this chaos. I don't doubt that MC isn't doing his best with the site to himself, but this community is far to large and the amount of time and resources required to maintain and update it is far to much for one person who is trying to maintain a personal life outside the interwebs. I strongly suggest that MC open up a little and make a form of government to control everything with better sophistication.

I would like to leave the rules of conduct that have been past down to me from the warzone2200 forums. But I believe that it isn't my place to place those rules and regulations of personal conduct between one player to another and I'm pretty sure TLR already has a set doctrine that it follows.

With respects and regards to Mental Chaos. I hope this issue can be cleared up in the near future.

- Griffin Shurcliff

• griifin,
    We're in the same ship, if you will, and I sure hope this can carry on regardless of what all is in the way. I have a feeling that MS does not care, and it is a matter of the general Freelancer populace and the excellent talent therein to continue this venture. I do agree that MC, and anyone involved in the Admin of this site could gain from some further delegation of responsibilities, and also wonder what the financial ramifications might be. If possible, the right people can no doubt provide some kind of support.
    Lancerwarrior

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."