Fixed Tiazona del Cid Graphic

• First post here, i searched for Tiazona del Cid, del, and cid found nothing relating to what i'm posting but if it's been posted before i apologize.

in folder: data/fx/effects.ini find pi_pulse_03_proj

should find :
    [Effect]
    nickname = pi_pulse_03_proj
    effect_type = EFT_WEAPON_PROJ
    vis_generic = pi_pulse_03_proj

to fix:
    1.) insert "vis_effect = pi_pulse_03_proj" between effect_type and vis_generic without the quotes

2.) rename vis_generic = pi_pulse_03_proj TO vis_generic = pi_pulse_01_proj

end result should look like this:
    [Effect]
    vis_effect = pi_pulse_03_proj
    vis_generic = pi_pulse_01_proj

• this will make the ticiona del cid effect visible, i guess the effect was never meaned to be unvisible, ms simply made another coding error so it doesnt appear.
    With this fix u will be able to see the original tici effect ;)

• Great. It has always been nearly impossible to dodge Tiz's because you can't see em. This will mean that dodging them more will result in better shield longevity. Kudos, man!

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• If memory serves there are other guns and turrets that have no FX as well, the Rapier gun & turret being another one. I'm off to check the effects ini file as i suspect your fix for the Del Cid will work with those as well, nice find

*** EDIT ***

After some digging, found the entry for the Rapier gun and it should read like this

[Effect]
    nickname = pi_pulse_02_proj
    vis_effect = pi_pulse_02_proj
    vis_generic = pi_pulse_02_proj

And if i'm not mistaken, the Del Cid entry should read like this,

[Effect]
    vis_effect = pi_pulse_03_proj
    vis_generic = pi_pulse_03_proj

Ok, just tested all of the above and they all work, use my entries for this for those that are interested as there was an error in the original code posted by zyrk

• this is common knowledge since more than 3 years and that code is used in various mods - not only HHC

• LMAO, yes, nothing new here and it's hardly surprising that it's been figured out for some time. As OP said, it's common knowledge

• MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :twisted:

no more Elite-Pilot Corsair killing me in SinglePlayer :twisted:

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D

• :D ahahahah i surely do! :twisted:

I think I have fought one or two Titan V.H.F.'s equiped with Tizonas del Cid! :evil:

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D