Question

• Hey all

im new to freelancer and new to mod's but a big fan of space game's like X3 and EVE, ( wish i noticed this game years ago >>.>) ITS AWSME

my question is: Which set of mod's should i get that will add the most single player and multiplayer game content, and "capital" ship addon's playable in single player. im the type of person who's a fan of big ship's, laser's going off every were, missile's flying around, porting with a party into a battle of 6-7 capital ship's, its awsome

im wondering which mod will add this sort of content into freelancer, and quite often encounter's, i heard some mod's add "clans" into singleplayer and big battles between them over system's etc

Just after abit of advice :) Flamers SHOO!

• m.b. i disappoint you, but FL's engine barely supports big ships, they're hanging around just as dockable stations, and sometimes firin' at you in singleplayer. Of course, you can get or write a mod with battleship encounters and buyable battleships, but they will act and fly like a fighters... BIG fighters. Performing only simple actions like "move", "stop", "turn" or "fire", no crew control, no target separating ("normal" b-ship can hit enemy b-ships with main turrets and fighters with small turrets at the same time, player-controlled FL battleship - don't), no strategy (except multiplayer with veeeery many ppl playing) etc. But... Try a fighter. Yes, this small hunk of junk, which can fly thru battleship's exhaust nozzle. Maybe you'll like it. :D

• ok i get most of that, but my question remains the same, simply. do i need to add mod's to see battleships/gunships etc in singleplayer, or does that come later in the game ( im only level 3 ).

Were can i see my first battleship, on youtube i've seen chinese Yumato battleships etc

• House gunboat patrols are built around the tradelanes in singleplayer unmodded. But other than the lonely sweep of one or two of these gunboats, you will never see capitalships while you are free-ranging, unless they are part of the story. Personally, I think that most of the battleship encounters mods available are too brutish, piling battleships on top of one another near planets and spawning them in huge, sprawling formations which hurt your framerate. [stops for breath] I should take the time to do an encounters mod. It would be shiney.

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• Quote from "Conzul"

House gunboat patrols are built around the tradelanes in singleplayer unmodded. But other than the lonely sweep of one or two of these gunboats, you will never see capitalships while you are free-ranging, unless they are part of the story. Personally, I think that most of the battleship encounters mods available are too brutish, piling battleships on top of one another near planets and spawning them in huge, sprawling formations which hurt your framerate. [stops for breath] I should take the time to do an encounters mod. It would be shiney.

with your idea's , your encounter mod would probably be a success and helpfull to alot of people

The game has the possability's and dynamic's/controls available to do a proper battleship mod with more encounters, better movement, etc. its just that someone's gotta do it

• FlGuild's mod has all battleships flyable, it has also all 'dead' objects ingame flyable
    also it has all transports eaven escape pod is flyable
    also bunch of new ships/systems,

on top of that all capital ships are feeling HEAVY
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flguild.biz">http://www.flguild.biz</a><!-- m -->

check there