What mod is this?

• Yellow Eagle,

You can download these craft in the Firebase Ship Pack, Rebalance Ver. 3.56, or Frontierspace 1.74 or 1.75. The Slipstream (or Black Spectre as it is called in Frontierspace) is a highly capable fighter. Quick, maneuverable and easy to configure with a decent weapons loadout.

Happy hunting!

:D

PS: You can download them all here at The Reactor, or if you are having a hard time with Frontierspace, just Google the word Frontierspace and download it from there.

• No prob Yellow Eagle. Fair warning about Frontierspace, you may have to make a choice between the Federation ships and the ones used by the Jetan (who are allied with the Federation BTW). My solution was this: Take my Federation ship (a Phantom) and outfit it with Jetan weaponry. Ouch!

• There is a hidden mission in Frontier 1.75

The starting location of the quest is in Aymifa and it is at the Van Maanens Star jumpgate. The base is called "Jansen Trading Post", if you pop into the bar there is sometimes a person there selling you a rep fix with the Van Maanens Star Religious Community. It is the only way to gain access to the bases in system and the local police are well armed (using the same ships and loadouts as the Frontier Police). The bartender says:
    Looking to gain access to the Van Maanen's Star system? For %d0 credits I can purchase a permit for you. It is the only way to legally gain access to the system. It will also increase your reputation with both the Permit Police and the Van Maanen's Star Religious Sect. Do We have a deal?

and you can get a truly vicious ship with it at van maanens ( the hydra multi role fighter gun boat ) and acess to high tech weapons if you follow it through to the end -- it is the only bribe in the game also -- be very carefull who you shoot as it immediately makes you alot of enemies -- i also liked the Star lancer wolverine its also available at a pirate base in the same star system --

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• If you make it through all the way from Amyifa to the Madison Religious Sect in Andromeda Yellow Eagle, you will have access to a slew of weapons that will blow the shielding off anything. Once in Madison, you are only a jump hole away from Jetan Prime in the northern part of the system (the ships used by this clan are from the Homeworld and Homeworld 2 space shooter games). The Order and a Jetan dreadnaught are in orbit near Jetan Prime. Do a few jobs and you'll have access to the Jetan's ships and weaponry.

At Madison, you will have access to purchase two awesome corvettes. Big enough to make some cargo runs and nimble enough to take on the Imperials, Nomads or any other stupid fool that gets in your way.

Sorry, digressing. If you start out for Amyifa make sure your ship is ready, because once you enter the edge worlds it's a whole new ballgame. I recommend if your credits are sweet enough that you get a Zoner's Sabre Mark II Courier in the Lave System. You can outfit it to level 10 if necessary. This is why I suggest that if there is ever a Freelancer sequel, this should be it.

:D

• H'mmmm very intesting,thanks MrEd,killerbee,I'm going to ck these out, as my gaming computer was on the blink and i just got it up and running again i don't use the vista to play games on and the 64bit i use for research,and forums,(darn it my mind just slipped out of gear again) well i guess it's time to load up and see what's out in the great frontier! hope to see you all on one of the games, if i can get on line :D

• There are a few things i would add to the next addition -- if their were one which i doubt -- the freelancer bases in rebalance mod -- better access to the imperial end -- you just play against them now -- cant start with them or get friendly with them or even neutral -- those two things off top of head -- another hidden mission or two -- more hidden bases --

Definitely more music -- more classical thought I love the Holst planets symphony he uses
    maybe have npc's cuss and shout out things in " language " of region -- cussing in old speak per see --- get comunity to provide 3 sec mp3's of " R " rated linguistic cussing and cries Also add Music to fit -- per Region -- or nationality -- or former that is

I have a whole spate of mod ideas and some of them have already been

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)