Valentines Day Music suggestion's

• To all the lovers on this one day of the year -- send either of these to someone and make them smile --you never know ;)

I thought I would post these 2 links as they connect to 2 of my fav rock songs of a Romantic nature to send to a current love or former love as a reminder of what you had

first is Dave Mathews Band -- Crush -- this is the short version 4 mins and change -- the album version is over 8 min's and is long enough to slow dance to

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.joost.com/13597a5/t/Dave-Matthews-Band-Crush#id=13597a5">http://www.joost.com/13597a5/t/Dave-Mat ... id=13597a5</a><!-- m -->

The second is actually a beautiful piece of irony -- Dirty Vegas - Days Go By (acoustic) This was originally an electronic dance tune -- but the Acoustic version is such a beautiful lament of lost love

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCY0xnefAE&feature=related">

... re=related</a><!-- m -->

if you spread alil love in the world may it come back to you 10 fold -- happy valentines day to all

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• Knees up Mother Brown
    I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
    Silver Threads amongst the Gold
    Run Rabbit Run
    We will hang out our washing on the Siegfried Line
    Mr Woo's a Windows Cleaner Now

but actually I think it might well be "Who Needs Paradise?" by Amen Corner :)

To all the lovers on this one day of the year

why are you starting to sound like a radio disc-jockey, old horse? "Hi, welcome to the Late Show with me, Ed the Horse, on station STFU, with you through the night playing classic songs for lovers...."

• Aw,
    C'mon Taw - if he started out w/ Silly Love Songs, I might consider agreeing with you sort of, but those choices are really good ones on the part of Mr. Ed. I personally really liked Interstate Love Song by STP until I realised they borrowed a rif from Jim Croce. Still, I'd still like to add:
    Your Song -- don't think I need to say who...
    Annie's Song -- John Denver, maybe his best
    and...
    Radar Love -- Golden Earring (don't need a letter at all!)
    That last one might not be the most romantic, but it is about the seriousness and motivation of Love... ;)

Happy Valentine's all!

&quot;A little excitement in an otherwise dull day...&quot;

• The Lakehouse by Rachel Portman

Take My Breath Away by Berlin

All Time High (from Octopussy) by Cincinnati Pops Orchestra (instrumental)

Tonight You Belong to Me by Paul Stanley

And the 2 best ones,

I Want to Know What Love Is by Foreigner

Waiting for a Girl Like You by Foreigner

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• Mrs Taw isn't really a soft-rock type of girl, she likes Radiohead and Muse and other modern bands of the same ilk. Her favourite songs for Valentine's Day are things like Creep and Fake Plastic Trees. I'm more of a Peters & Lee and Abba man meself :)

Silly Love Songs - I like that!
    Take My Breath Away - I don't like that though. I've never seen Top Gun btw.

• Yikes!
    I can't believe I forgot about the (Live) version of I Want to Know What Love Is ...
    That might actually top the list. Wish I'd got the chance to see them...
    My goodness - lol

@ Taw - Almost forgot- I have ABBA's Greatest Hits, and they were, after all, the most popular band ON THE PLANET for at least a dacade... :)

• We went to see Mamma Mia! (I had to force Mrs Taw to go, well more of a bribe really) and was rather surprised to find that the bulk of the audience were pensioners. It didn't bother me but 'er indoors sulked all the way through it whilst I joined in with the sing-a-longs :)

tonight I've got a table booked at the poshest and most expensive restaurant in the whole of Tawakalnistan for a Vally's Day treat! So far the missus thinks we're staying in and watching some picture or other :)

• You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - Righteous Brothers

Bill Medley - Bobby Hatfield produced by Phil Spector about 1967 with his Wall of Sound Orchestral treatment .... A Classic

for a list of songs with "Love" in the title, check out my book "Fun with Oldies" at bn.com

Scott

• Quote from "mindzwarped"

You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - Righteous Brothers

Bill Medley - Bobby Hatfield produced by Phil Spector

I knew you'd have a couple good ones ;)

• mmmm i dont have anything deeply sixitish atm so heres one I liked recently and rediscovered

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDh1x38osHs&feature=related">

and heres one for taw and his decadent ways ( abba indeed my rock and roll soul shudders )

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb83KM4at4">

</a><!-- m -->

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• but I really don't like Spandau Ballet and never did :( and they're on bl**dy Eastenders now.

I wasn't really into the New Romantics although I did quite like Soft Cell and The Passions. It was the hair and silly clothes I couldn't really be doing with. bleagh, 80s.

moi, decadent? I'm about as decadent as a Victoria sponge (hmmm they can be quite indulgent though....)

• Mmmmm would you consider This part of the new romantic's ??

the host definitely reminds me of you Taw ( ducks and runs for cover hehe )

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYCrUqABN4s&feature=related">

• ha - ha - ha! don't you have some hay to chew, very slooooooowwwwlllllyyyyyyyy? ;)

gosh that clip takes me back, I remember watching that the first time round! Howard Jones, he was more industrial electropop like the Thompson Twins or Nick Hayward than New Romantics, althought he definition was often rather blurry. At the time I was more into the Cult and Spear of Destiny meself.

Kelly Ellemer (Kenny Everett, one of his many stage pseudonyms) very funny fella. His show was a hoot back in the day. Unf I could never be as extrovert as him, he was rather bonkers. Great comic characters though. Loved Captain Kremmen and Mr Angry of Mayfair.

Your Mullah is way better looking than that, although the gold lamee dress is a novel touch - don't think I'd fit in it though and it wouldn't arf be cold on a windy day. However it's the kind of thing that Mrs Taw would make me wear to parties when she feels like humiliating me.... with army boots thrown in. Such is the life of the downtrodden!

• This is musical and pretty funny -- and this seems to be the music thread -- for the momment soooooo

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pcME4MMj0">

</a><!-- m -->

• that was rather amusing :) I see another one of your rogues has been caught with his hand in the till, that Stanford fella - except not before he managed to con the EWCB into supporting his embarassingly egotistical 20/20 cricket scheme, or rather, scam. It was ridiculous anyway, ruining perfectly good traditional Test and County cricket with his hare-brained ideas. It seems these days you can get away with anything if you just claim you've got billions "yeee-haaa ah'm a Texan billion-aire, y'all, and ah've come to save English cricket by destroying it, y'hear..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7900632.stm

I said it was a mistake to get involved with foreigners and wideboys from the very start! What does a Texan know about cricket, eh? Obviously, nothing. He should have stuck to that rounders game that you colonials play.

(I'm quite certain that any discussion of cricket will fall on deaf ears here, oh well never mind, I can't get on BBC HYS or GOM to rant about it.)

(I was thinking of making a music thread as an addendum to this one, Shergar old chum, but decided against it as it would probably just be full of whatever "rock" or "pop" band that teenagers are currently "into" which I couldn't possibly discuss as it all sounds the same to me these days.)

• I should have known better -- that song and video is a parody of a series of comercials in the US -- its about a guy who gets robbed and identy theft -- and hes now working in a restaurant cause he should have used this service to prevent it --

I will always participate in a music thread -- i have about 30 somethin gigs of music -- mostly rock but some other stuff -- and i have a elephants memory for early rock -- just look at the links i post -- i grew up in manhattan and saw alot of bands and artists -- live in small clubs sooooooooo

• that you said that you grew up in Manhattan (Central Park presumably, good grazing and lots of other horses to talk to) suggests that you don't live there anymore. Where are you stabled now?

I'm afraid that my knowledge of music is very bad, especially contemporary. I started to lose track in the mid-to-late 80s and now I find that I very much follow my parents tastes - big bands, crooners, musicals, although I like a lot of opera and symphony too. I watched the Brit Awards with the boy on Wednesday and didn't have a clue hardly as to who was who whilst he naturally was scornful of the whole process and the various "winners" and threw out numerous names of bands that I'd never even heard of.

I did quite like that bit in the middle with that gorgeous black girl with the lovely voice who sang something about meeting an boy in america (?) whilst that odd band from Salford (TingsTings?) did their stuff too. You'd wouldn't think that the two different styles would work together but oddly enough I think that it sounded rather good.

I'll do my best to keep up in a music thread but don't hold out much hope!