Unknown Object in Tau-37?

• I've always wondered about this. Anyone got a theory?
    (Personally, I think Nomads :| )

tehdonutman1337, AKA optimusjamie, CEO of TFAdventure Productions, where we kill off characters who ask for too much money!

• Isn't that where the Freeport base was that got blown away in the storyline?, or was that Sigma, bad memory chip... That's what you see I do believe or some other sort of space junk :shock:

• Whats he playing and what mod an ver.

as i've run accros this in several games some times it's a ship wreck or some such object,and the game can't seem to put a name on it so it calls it unknown,even a comm sat. :)

• Hi there. Why not ask the game creators - did they put it there or do I miss the point? Been at it since 2003 and never go closer than 1000m as well. cheers from South Africa. Shem Mite 8-)

• Quote from "bakedpotato"

Isn't that where the Freeport base was the got blow away in the storyline? That's what you see I do believe :shock:

and i thought free port 7 was in the sigma systems :?:

shim mite i would if they were around as i've had and played freelancer scince it came out to i just didn't do much on forums,as i'm generaly a pretty private old bird

• FP 7 remains in Sigma 17
    <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://lancersreactor.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1307&hilit=Freeport+7">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1307&hilit=Freeport+7</a><!-- l -->

• You know tunicle i read that before,Thankyou so very much,now this has my interest up i know their is a wreck or two in tau 37 and in the storie line i beleave there is an unstable worm hole there,though why the devs used it,i don't know as you could literly walk over to the station they were going to,i guess it was just to give more chase to the game play,but as i don't care much for flying through some of those gravel piles,but i'm going to go look any way' i'll just load the vanilla ver on a test bed sys and and play it through and keep it for checking out this kind of stuff as all my other systems have diff mods on them :D

[center]Yellow Eagle[/center]

besides he didn't tell us if he was playing the vanilla ver or a mod or what so this thread is mostly conjeture
    (I wished when people posted these kinds of questions that they would tell you this,becuse in some mods things get change around,and things get added) :P

• Quote from "Yellow Eagle"

You know tunicle i read that before,Thankyou so very much,now this has my interest up i know their is a wreck or two in tau 37 and in the storie line i beleave there is an unstable worm hole there,though why the devs used it,i don't know as you could literly walk over to the station they were going to,i guess it was just to give more chase to the game play,but as i don't care much for flying through some of those gravel piles,but i'm going to go look any way' i'll just load the vanilla ver on a test bed sys and and play it through and keep it for checking out this kind of stuff as all my other systems have diff mods on them :D

besides he didn't tell us if he was playing the vanilla ver or a mod or what so this thread is mostly conjeture
    (I wished when people posted these kinds of questions that they would tell you this,becuse in some mods things get change around,and things get added) :P

I most recently visited there on an Open SP mod.

tehdonutman1337, AKA optimusjamie, CEO of TFAdventure Productions, where we kill off characters who ask for too much money!

• [center]so i was right.....phew thought i had one of those old age things going on :shock:[/center]

[center]elgaE wolleY[/center]

• lol

i also already wandered around Tau-37 several times in different mods and none of them shows an "unknown object"...

the only unknown objects i know in the game is that Nomad base we see in the last mission of story line (in Omicron Major) and a very far white star that we see in Corsair Unknown system... Not others xD

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D

• not to out do you in any way but playing Rebalance i came across an unknow in omega 41 just day before yesterday and it turned out to be a wreck,didn't have anything on it,and i have run across this before,in a couple of other mods,maybe it's a code thing a corrupt file or something,and we all have diff machines and such,maybe a faulty download,who knows ,maybe it's your turn next time lj,and in the unknown sys the one thay just has a sun,with a pink sky and lots of rads was playing Frontier an run across two unknows in the edge of the corona by the sun tracktered them in i did,was two crates allmost gone of artifacts,but they read on the scan as unknown,so i think the ai can't make heads or tails of it,it says unknown,probally some botched code,and we all know that the mods and the game it self has bugs

but on anther note it's really interesting,the game runs like stalker in some cases stalker uses a chaos engine,no matter how many times you come back to a place it's diff,npc's are liveing eating sleeping they get fear and will even run and hide or band together to defeat a common enemy, the weather is contantly changing mutants fight for territory and move all over the zone and migrate and so do people,and you see some strange and sometimes funny things to,you never no when there's going to be a battle or something going to come around a corner,and maybe we all got a little chaos between the ears....hehehe... well it's six in the evening here and this old bird is going to beat the other birds to the roost tonight as i've been up 36 hr.s working on machines and code,catch you all in a few ;)

• That's interesting Yellow Eagle...

But i didn't get quite good that Unknown System thing you explained xD

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1...This is planet Lisbon, docking ring cleared! Good luck out there! =D

• Quote from "Lord Jackhammer"

That's interesting Yellow Eagle...

But i didn't get quite good that Unknown System thing you explained xD

it's a nomad sys you enter it in the Outcast home sys,lots of dead ships wrecks or whatever all around the wormhole,Green planet not to far from the worm hole on Outcast side i figured the crates were from nomads considering that some times when you kill them, they leave a blaster or gun and artifacts,you see them when floating in space as crates and when you tracktor them in,if you look in your inventory it shows as artifacts,and i believe i was playing Frontier,as their is also one of the alien gates in that sys to, as i just reloaded Frontier again i'll have to take a look,after i finnish the Quest,i have Rebalance on one computer and Frontier on another, it was in Frontier that i ran across this :) Geee thanks for clearing that up,there i fixed it as i had been up quite sometime about 36 hr.s and had alot going on,i was getting kinda scrambled,so i straightened it all out :D

• ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... yeah,i saw some strange stuff today while i was entering the Outcast Unknown System too... It's definetily a bug! My ship scanners detected Outcasts flying Nomad Fighters!

• Quote from "Lord Jackhammer"

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... yeah,i saw some strange stuff today while i was entering the Outcast Unknown System too... It's definetily a bug! My ship scanners detected Outcasts flying Nomad Fighters!

gotta keep those specks cleaned LJ never seen that,but if you doubt me come on over and you can play on my rig,just pick one would enjoy the company :)

well it's been a few hr.s an thought i'd ad to this just found an unknown in omega 5,cord.s are as follows LJ 6-E
    and it's a wreck ship it's pretty close to the Luyten 9742 jump hole in frontier even though i am right in front of it
    it still registers as an unknown,could be as this mod is so large and info card was never completed for it,and it does have a few bugs some of which patches were made,but still a heck of a mod 8-)

• lol

i wasn't doubting of you YE xD

but the bug i found was definitely strange! xD but it was really funny and amusing! xD

• oh. ok sorry was being senative i guess,must be that space dust bp peddleing out on the corner :mrgreen:

and i think you can buy those fighters though why is beyond me as they don't have enough hard points for guns only two or three,it's either on the monkey planet or the mechanoids planet don't remmeber which as hardly go there they don't have anything to say and never any jobs,but in frontier i think you can get some weapons and stuff from them and each group has something differant,will have to ck after i finish the quest

i think that it is bocthed code or info cards that were never finished and when the mod was being developed it was missed as alot of code goes in to these mods, and frontier it's not being worked on any more as i understand,and it's such a great mod,you can spend months,exploring and trading,or what ever,and the hidden quest is a lot of fun to complete,i would have liked to have seen more quests,evenone where this quest left off,with the artifact for the girl were you had to find and secure it for her, sort of like in the first storie,alot of these mods need quests and such to keep them interesting