Texturing in milkshape

• Hi all,

I have a question about texturing: I create unique model from a vanilla ship, but i had to delete some faces/polygons...etc. To fill that "open spaces" i had to make polygons by create and i could make my own parts on that (new wings, engine pods, etc). There is no problem with that but i had to attach some groups, and my question is: Is there any solution to assign polygons by manually in milkshape? I affraid to attach groups i cant, but i havent had any expert on milkshape yet, so before i start to do that i want to know, because i dont want to start the modelling again.

regards,

• Quote from "Lordadmiral Drake"

Assign to what?

I mean how can i put the textures on the polygons? Could i mark more than one polygons and use only one texture on them?
    For example: 4 points (vertex) provide a square. I use gmax when i click on properties there is a row name is "visible edges only" if i turn it off one more additional edge appears, the diagonal. The diag divides the square into 2 triangles. If i done it and leave the modify menu, next time i back i can click the triangles each. When i want to texture it i suppose it will appear as two same triangles not one square, and i dont know if i can mark both and use only one texture.
    Im sorry its hard to explain, but i hope you got what i wanna ask.

• Assign them to groups and then assign the textures to the groups.
    Mark the polys and click Regroup (You may rename the group).
    Then go to the textures and create a new one. Select an image for the texture.
    Reselect the group if nessecary and click Assign on the textures tab.

• Quote from "Lordadmiral Drake"

Assign them to groups and then assign the textures to the groups.
    Mark the polys and click Regroup (You may rename the group).
    Then go to the textures and create a new one. Select an image for the texture.
    Reselect the group if nessecary and click Assign on the textures tab.

Yeees. This was my question. Thanks 8-)

• Drake,

I tried you method and works fine, except one thing, the milkshape inverts the textures when i assign, and i havent found any buttons to invert them from the backfaces nor ignore the backfaces when i finished the regroup and i start texturing.

• There is a menu where you can set form which side the textures are projected on the mesh. I think its called Texture Coordinates or something like that.

• This sounds so lame, but...

Exactly how do I go about loading the texture library in? I'm using (or trying to use...) the converted .tga files from the '06 goodie package ( A wonderfully useful set of files, tutorials,etc in there- thanks for digging that up, Lancer Solarus :D) and I have the Pixillion converter if I need to use the original files.

• Not the problem, :D

I needed to know how to load the texture library into Ms3d in order to texture a couple of projects I have brewing, but a few hours of noodling with it let me figure it out- I'll need that a bit later.

• I have an other problem,
    I opened a starsphere cmp file with UTF and in its material library there are nodes of the textures each.
    How can i set that nodes to get transparent textures in the game?
    I read something about Oc and Ot nodes need to be added to the material library of that texture i want to make transparent (cloud/nebula...etc) , but i dont know what i have to write in.
    An other statement, the transparency setting in milkshape only.

I'd appreciate every ideas, solutions

thanks