Game programming structure, language and more questions

• Hey all, im requesting help relating to the questions, any help will be greatly apreciated,
    Rasauul
    As u can probably see im doing some storyline modding, and have also uploaded alotta tutes on this to the site. I have started out from being a complete noob with no programming experience.
    I have some questions regarding the structure aka principals of the programming;
    All the different storyline commands, they seem to be written in some Lua like language? am i right?
    2. the different commands in there are configured somewhere, for example the command "Act_RelocateShip = Player" this order first removes the ship from its location then spawns it at another location, this must be done with code;
    where is this code located?
    Is it incrypted/packaged in some way that makes it unreadable?
    if so, how do you unpack/unscramble it
    what language is it written in?

The gamebase;
    Where are the physics programming located
    Where is the programming located that specifies how the "space room" connects to the "base rooms"
    and as other question:
    Is it incrypted/packaged in some way that makes it unreadable?
    if so, how do you unpack/unscramble it
    what language is it written in?

• 1) Correct, it's LUA ;)
    2) They're encrypted into THN (Thorn) files, there's a THN to LUA file converter somewhere on The Starport, which converts THN files to LUA files.
    3) I think they're in some INI files which connect a base. Try the UNIVERSE and EQUIPMENTS folders ;)

• Thx alot for the feedback, i think i need to be more precise in my question :)

here goes:
    For example the storyline command SpawnFormation = a_formation, this order spawn some ships in formation, we know this.

My question is this:
    Is the command "SpawnFormation" configured in the "Gamebase" or is it a standard Lua command?

• thx.

ok, so the gamebase is hardcoded and encrypted and impossible to decrypt?

Is it located in somew dll file?
    is it that part where u can edit some of it with the Hex-editor?

• Quote from "DansTheMan"

Isn't that what he wanted? Storyline :p

Well, I was referring to the actual coding of the SP missions which is actually done in inis