looking for decent mod to play

• does anyone know of a decent mod to play,im officaly bored with it [sp in paticular ] finaly got the workaround working but i cant start my server wont connect.but it shows [ server ] thx in advance

• I play Discovery 4.85 and enjoy it a lot, plenty of Bounty Hunters to swat ( I hate those pesky little buggers :twisted: ) haven' t tried new mods yet can't get the downloads password to work.

• Frontierspace 1.75
    A large mod, lots of extra systems to explore, several more factions, three new Alien races ( along with their toys :twisted: ) capships available if you like. Well worth the time to check out, and it will work with Chips' open SP lite. Wireplay is currently hosting this mod, and you'll need to direct connect to their server :
    -s94.136.46.1:2302
    Ping times run around 120-130 for me ( Midwest US) but I've never had a lag issue

Evo 1.40: The Mechanoids
    the next chapter in the Evolutions series created by Pathfinder Studios.Same features as previous Evo releases along with a truly nasty set of Aliens, the Mechanoids. Relatively easy going in the core systems, but much tougher outside- this mod appears to be designed for squad based combat, as running across a spawnpoint can generate massive numbers of enemies.( I recall seeing the Death feature reporting that a player was " ..killed by 146 Nomads and 171 collisions", lol) Not a huge mod, but nicely proportioned in what there is.Weapons have been upgraded to hit harder, and shield selection is very important. Hosted by Rick and his team in the Czech Republic. Don't know if it's in the DL section here, but here's a link to the website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hal2007.eu/index.php">http://www.hal2007.eu/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Ping runs around 120-130 again for me, but it is a stable server with little lag.

• Quote from "IronHide"

I play Discovery 4.85 and enjoy it a lot, plenty of Bounty Hunters to swat ( I hate those pesky little buggers :twisted: ) haven' t tried new mods yet can't get the downloads password to work.

u trying to get in download section,that i can help you with if u like,the fast way i found after u log in forums,goto top of page click portal link, then downloads password link.it gives you username and password. then scroll down to mods link right below download password,and ur in

• my favourite mod is the ioncross freelancer total war mod. it has a dedicated server and regular admin support.
    I like it because of the difficulty, the AI has been improved and the combats are more intense, the mod also encourages pvp. Your performace and kills add to your teams score which affects the economy (availability of commodities, buy and sell price).

Dont expect an easy ride though this mod is for ace pilots looking for a challenge, it is intense and the death penalty is harsh (which I like it makes it exciting having something to loose). the mod also encourages teamwork as the difficulty is so high its hard to go solo and make good progress. there is a dedicated voip server for teamspeak 3 as well.

looking for a challenge? think your an ace pilot? come and test yourself

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://freelancer.ioncross.com/">http://freelancer.ioncross.com/</a><!-- m -->

• Hey, I'm new. I was wondering. How do I deactivate and activate mods that I download onto my computer? I want to try out all of these mods to see which one of them will be my favorite, but I don't want to have to uninstall and Reinstall the game each time that I try out a different mod. Can you help me?

• Try out the Freelancer mod manager, in the download section on probably every Freelancer site ever.
    Most people would recommend 1.31 as opposed to 1.4

As for decent mods, I've always preferred /v/lancer, there aren't many new ships and RP is illegal on their servers, but the sheer ammount of things to do (Ship salvaging, crafting, boss battles, quests, mini-games) make up for that.

• May I recommend either Discovery 4.85 or Frontierspace 1.75 using Chips Open SP Lite.

Open SP Lite allows you to choose your starting point and how many credits you want (up to $100,000,000).

Discovery 4.85 is great because you'll have to find the missing House, Gallia, and you don't need your FL disc to play.

Frontierspace 1.75 takes place nearly 20 years after the Nomad Invasion. The main plot is that there are two warring factions; the Federation and the Imperium. The Feds want to unite worlds for mutual benefit and the Imperium are a militaristic group who want to help enslave Sirus (with Nomad help). I won't reveal any more info or missions on the storyline, but be advised, Frontierspace ships hit harder and have more systems for you to explore than any other mod.

Both these mods are good and you can find them here at the Reactor. :D