Using Mods for MP

• this is possibly a stupid question but figured i would ask... I'm playing with a couple computers in my house via LAN on a server i'm running on my comp , If we wanted to use ships from Mods how would we go about updating the server files to avoid crashing? is there a easy fix to this problem?

Thanks

• Quote from "Shaneobi"

this is possibly a stupid question but figured i would ask... I'm playing with a couple computers in my house via LAN on a server i'm running on my comp , If we wanted to use ships from Mods how would we go about updating the server files to avoid crashing? is there a easy fix to this problem?

Thanks

Just install the mod using FLMM on the server as well as the clients, that generally works. If it doesn't it's because the mod isn't MP compatible.

• You'll need to make a mod ;) Even if its just ships.. there's no real way around it, more than one file needs to be altered and both client and server need be compatible.. A shipmod isn't hard, but you will have to learn what your doing with the .ini's

For instance.. If you took a ship & code from XLR (mymod) your game will crash untill you recode the shiparch data.. as i use things not native to Freelancer and have a ton of extra code in there.. that's just one mod.. others are even more reworked and have custom fuses, explosions.. all will crash if not properly cared for during transfer from one mod to another. FLMM won't fix any of that for you!!... you must do this by hand.

And of course.. if you should ever want to go pubic.. permissions and credits are also a bonus 8-)