Problem with engines

• the combinable code is only use to stack items like the comodities, shield batt,ammo...

I think tou need to add some hard point on the cmp model and than you can set it for a second engine.

• Quote from "metquebec"

I think tou need to add some hard point on the cmp model and than you can set it for a second engine.

It won't work. Multiple engines on the CMP model are handled by one line (num_exhaust_nozzles =) in shiparch.ini which defines number of engine nozzles. More hardpoints will NOT mean more engines, but only more nozzles, in other words, more of those flame'y effects out of your ship's back.

However certain mods allow mounting multiple engines on a ship, to stack up its movement stats. I played few.

• the num nozzles entry in the shiparch ini relates to how many exaust flames you have on the model and needs hardpoints in the cmp to match the number

the number of engines in the loadout

ie
    addon = bwfrengine01, internal

sticks in an engine without a hardpoint, for ingame calculations about energy refresh rates for the guns and thrusters, top speed etc

putting that line in more than once adds extra engines, giving more power, and more speed

it's a bit silly tho, if you want a faster ship, clone the engine entry, and mod the custom engine to a higher power output

48000 gives you top speed 80, 60000 gives 100, thats for fighters n freighters, cap ships n transports have different values as a rule due to higher engine mass and diff ship type coding in the game exe

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...