FL DataStorm Support/Comments

• What do the extra stats mean? J7P - 7Q "Drake" Kusari Light Fighter Extra-Stats Mass: 100 Steering: 25000 25000 58000 Angular: 15000 15000 35000 Rotation: 3800 3800 1000 Nudge-Force: 30000 Strafe-Force/-Powerusage: 20000/2 Plz. explain the different colums

• ok, i have a new mod i downloaded, and i tryed to use fldatastorm with it. i have disabled my other new systems mod, but the systems are still there! how do i reload the files to fl datastorm? and btw i have tryed reinstalling datastorm. Edited by - megatog615 on 7/6/2004 2:09:58 PM

• I was wondering how to uninstall FL Datastorm, since i can´t seem to find an uninstaller built into it, nor does it show up in Add/Remove programs. Simply delete the folder it installs to and the datastorm.fl file or are there any registry keys it adds and/or extra files anywhere else? I´m using v 3.91 R 155 and Windows XP professional. Thanks, Zin *edited for speelling* Edited by - Zinlu on 8/1/2004 2:31:26 PM

Be who you are and say what you feel ~ because those who mind don`t matter ~ and those who matter don`t mind. ~Theodor Seuss Geisel ~ Dr. Seuss~

• Its not designed to get deinstalled - lol yepp - simply delete the folder. Maybe there are some references to DAO in that folder and maybe u need to reinstall MS-Access if u delete the folder...

• DS is a great program. I was wondering though if you were going to add any more features to the commodities section. Like being able to see more then just the best few trades, showing maybe all the trades?

• DS rocks. A tad slower than I´d like, but it´s still an awesome program. First up, some ideas: - Searchable wrecks. At this point you have to open up every system, and mouse-over each wreck to see what it has (provided it even shows up on the system map). There should be some way to be able to search these for hardware or whatever. - NOTES! Give us a way to mark a spot on the system map and tag a little note there. FL doesn´t have it, and I´m still confused as to why my super-duper state-of-the-art, can navigate jumpholes computer, has left me without the ability to type some information in. So please, give us a way to do that! - Show ammo in the equipment section. Ammo should be listed there (not just the missile launcher itself) because ammo is sold in many places where the launcher is not. What I want to be able to do is search for places to buy just the ammo. - Show actual game data along with the infocard data. Take the Nomad fighter for example, the infocard has no information. No gun mounts, no armor, etc. If it´s possible, the actual game data values should be shown, as well. Kinda like the extra stats part for ships, but more detailed. Now for bugs or stuff I think should be changed: - The ships parts. Ships isn´t too bad, it´s pretty fast and doesn´t take long to update. But the last ship I´ve selected should be remembered. If I go back to the universe map, or click on a base from the Ships view, if I open the ships view again, it should take me back to the last ship I was viewing. - Equipment area. Horribly slow with items that are sold on several bases. This should be fixed and streamlined or something, perhaps always stored in memory instead of having to search the bases over and over. Also, just like ships, the last equipment I was viewing should be selected if I close and reopen the equipment view. - The Z axis. A few mods (Evolutions) for one, puts objects off the solar plane. FL really wasn´t designed for "3D" space but it does work, takes a little getting used to. However, DS, like FL, totally ignores the Z axis. This should be added. For example, let´s say you have a jumphole 5k below the solar plane in 7E. When you mouse-over the JH, it should say something like (X=E.5, Y=7.1, Z=-5k). This way you´d know that you have to go to 7E, and go straight down about 5k. Would be immensely helpful. - Wrecks. I said above some wrecks don´t show up in DS. Don´t know why this happens. I search and search on my own, but I´m a detail freak. I like to have every system completely explored, all bases, JHs, wrecks, etc. So when I can´t find something, it actually irritates me. That´s when DS comes in handy. However, lots of wrecks don´t show up on the map in DS (this is with a mod, btw, not vanilla freelancer). That´s about all I can think of right now. DataStorm is absolutely awesome, best program of its kind, so easy to use, and it just plain works. Also, I don´t know how easy or hard my ideas would be to incorporate, but again, these are just thoughts. I´m not demanding them, though they´d definitely be awesome additions. Anyway keep up the great work!

• Hi, My query is this - I ran data storm to check my mod and I got the errors but i didnt save/copy/write them. When i opened up FLDS again it didnt show the error log, it started up and went direct to the cheat warning screen. I have deleted and reinstalled FLDS but it doesnt show the errors any more, just goes direct to the cheat warning screen. Any ideas on what I can do?...oh, and how do i save the errors? do i cut and paste or is there another way. Thanks in advance

• Hi, i noticed when working on an access project that dao360.dll was registered to the flds directory and not to program filescommon filesmicrosoft shareddaodao360.dll as it should be. This is something you guys should take a look at, as more advanced users of access would prefer to have the reference to this commonly used dll in the standard folder. other than that its a very nice prog.

• So...what -do- the Extra-Stats mean, and how do they interact to define a ship´s flight characteristics? Assuming they do.... Mass: Steering: Angular: Rotation: Nudge-Force: Strafe-Force/-Powerusage: Anyone?

• OK, couldnt see anyone posting this thread b4 so my apologies if its been done already... Can you use datastorm to scan a multiplayer server´s info because i regularly play on a server and i want to use it there but it only scans the single player info when i install / reinstall the DS. Is it possible to define the path of the database so it can analyse the multiplayer servers and if so how?

• Strail, go to My DocumentMy GamesFreelancer\AcctsSinglePlayer and look for a file called Datastorm.fl and delete that. Its what flds uses to save the map it generates so deleteing it will make flds scan the files again and show the errors. As far as saving errors I dont know of any method other than copy and paste but for checking mod errors Id recomend FlScan its much faster and doesnt moan about npc only ships (such as capships in the stock game) having no hull entry.

• Can you add an option that lets you select a faction and it tels you ONLY the weopons and ships comidities and bases that that factipn only has? say for the bounty hunters Faction bounty hunters weopons . . . ships . . . bases. . . . comodities for buy .. . . for sell . . . .

• hey i dl this program and it looks cool and all from the screenshots but i have a slight problem. when i tyr to run it it gets to 17% and then has this error 53 in FLData.ReadINI Line 400 Description: File not found(File not found) Source: FLDataStorm Info: While working on - yeah so any help would be appreciated. i am running TNG 2.7 and have 1gb of ram

• Heyas, Last time I heard, TNG was designed to break Datastorm (it prevents DS from extracting data from the ini files). Best thing that I can suggest is to not use DS on TNG. ArchKaine Some say ignorance is bliss, I say they´re just too blissful to know better.

Death to the enemies of life.
    Life to the enemies of death.