Lvl 10 positron vs Lvl 10 molecular

• Yes! While Graviton lvl 10 (only lvl. 8 is available unmodded, excluding npc sheilds) would theoretically be optimal (far more defense than either molecular or Positron, I beleive) positron is RESISTANT to the weapons utilized by high-level NPC outcasts and corsairs (Wyrm´s and Salamanca´s, they never use Tizonas or Krakens in unmodded, I believe) while molecular is actually VULNERABLE to the aforementioned weapons, and this can make a huge difference, especially if you are raiding or escaping from Omicron Alpha or Gamma with Outcasts/COrsairs pusruing or opposing you. Until you you have decent expeirience dealing with the aforementioned opponents, you will probably require all possible advantages.

• That´s what I figured out. I could technically add the lvl 10 graviton as well, however I find it a tad too strong for the npcs in the game (11000 strength, 245 regen)... It never goes down! Besides the Xenos and the Hogosha, nobody uses particle/plasma weapons in the unmodded game...

• Lvl. 10 grav is not available within unmodded SP, npc sheilds are stronger than player sheilds, only lvl8 grav sheilds are available in unmodded SP. However, lvl 10 grav. is technically the best sheild in the game (grav sheilds are more powerful than molecular or positron, generally).

• That´s it, I tried playing with the lvl 10 graviton shield (I modded the game myself to be able to buy the thing), but I find it very strong for the kind of weapons the npcs use in the single player game. It never goes down, and besides almost no faction uses weapons with a bonus vs. graviton shields. Actually, I never quite understood why the developpers made such a strong shield, i.e. more HP, faster regen, not many weapons with a bonus against it. Maybe it´s because the campaign would be too hard without grav shields...

• As previously mentioned, only grav sheilds up to lvl. 8 are implemented for player use in unmodded SP. Also, you can´t mount a lvl. 10 sheild on any campaign ship. Finally, while the lvl. 10 grav would be powerful against normal npcs, post-campaign nomads have weapons that will screw any form of sheilds at an exceptionally swift rate.