Reintroduction - Old member back in the fold

• Greetings, I was active on the old site several years ago. I did some work on the Freelancer system maps and commodities chart. Someone else had made a chart, but I converted it to Excel and Acrobat. I even tried my hand at some short fan fiction.

It must have been 2005 or so. I have drifted off for a bit. I just started playing again. I played through the original game over the last couple of days and it is still as much fun as it was the first time. I had a binder with all sorts of notes and documentation on Freelancer.

A few years back, I bought Starlancer, and I bought a decent joystick, but it just doesn't have the scope and fun of Freelancer for me. I keep coming back to Freelancer. It has a great storyline and, despite its limitations, it had such great potential, and when Digital Anvil was assimilated (resistance is futile!) by Microsoft, they dropped it like a bad habit. I suppose their focus is on newer games and consoles. It is amazing just how many people still love this game!

Thanks to the admins for keeping the dream alive! :)

• Hi, I see the password stuff finally worked for you.
    Ive been able to fix the prob with the password recovery meanwhile. Thanks for the info.

Freelancer is and always was a game that could easily mess with modern games. Many mods brought the game to a much higher lvl of quality and our task is to support exactly such mods and the players behind them.

• Good to be back as well.

Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.