Uploaded file gone

• Oh, so I sent it twice, just authorize the 1st one and delete the 2nd.

Yeah, I really wonder why they deleted the planetscape flight feature... It would be better with it.

• Still, its awesome to know souch things are possible, like in the 2000 trailer where it shows that when you dock you see the cityscape in the airlock, and transfer right into it. I assume that was actually the docking type called "airlock".
    You think we can still restore it? Its possible with planets using a docking ring as a jumpgate to the cityscape's system, but is it possible with stations? I mean, that the station will still hail the players or NPCs.

I probably should start a new thread...

• airlock is btw. used for nomad solars

Well, Nomad solars are used originally only in the storyline, and as we know, "airlock" type is activated only through the mission script. Also we can see that it passes the player to another system (just like "jump" type). This is not exactly the impression created of this docking type by the 2000 trailer.

• So no airlock? Thats disappointing... I'll keep hoping its possible to restore it anyway :P
    BTW I'm trying to learn mission coding now, I want to write some missions for my mod, or even for the Freelancer Storied mods I plan.

• Well, Nomad solars are used originally only in the storyline, and as we know, "airlock" type is activated only through the mission script. Also we can see that it passes the player to another system (just like "jump" type). This is not exactly the impression created of this docking type by the 2000 trailer.

The 'jump' docking type doesn't do the 'pass to another system' bit, thats a feature of the jumpgate/jumphole solar code.

All the docking type 'jump' does is allow any class of ship to dock, so you can use 'jump' in a dockable definition, to allow for example, capships/transports to berth dock with a 'shipyard construction cradle' solar without the usual ingame kludge fixes.

For stuff like planetary landings...

Theoretically, you could use a docking type called 'pad', the comms messages are 'dockname, i need to land ' / 'shipname you are cleared to land' so with a suitable custom dockable solar, say some kind of 'orbital 'air traffic control' you could lose the docking rings all together, you ask for permission to land then are seen flying past the control tower orbital, then a cut to the cityscape thn script, for the planet flyover, like pittsburgh or cali minor...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Interesting idea... Well, I thought to make a planetscape mod, you know, remodel the cityscapes to a full mesh with SUR and so... Its a lot of work, I'm too lazy for that... Oh well, I'll probably make at least one custom flyable planetscape.

BTW isn't it called "land"? The one used in docking rings.

• To be honest, I havn't looked at docking rings, lol, too much other stuff to do, I found 'pad' in one of the dll's, tried it, and it works, I *think* it might have originally been intended for dockable solars like the factory unit (pueblo for example) that has a 'landing pad' modeled on the back, it's even hardpointed up, they just didnt script it up as a dockable in the ini files...

land? Havn't seen that one in the dll, you sure about that one?
    Hmm, just checked, docking rings use the 'ring' type

So, thats

berth, med moor, large moor, small moor (not used in vanilla), pad (not used in vanilla), jump, ring, airlock (sort of used in vanilla)

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• To be honest, I havn't tried it yet, I suppose I should have a play with it, set up a test dckable or something same as I did for the 'pad' type...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666