Jumping without a gate/hole

• Ok, so what are you getting at? You do know that FLHook isn't SP workable yet (I'm pretty sure but might be wrong)?

• No FLHook isn't SP yet (as far as i know) but this will probably be in MP so it should be okay.
    Can someone tell me if a player could beam itself to another location or is this not possible - Its just occoured to me that if the player can then this topic is useless :roll: :?:

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I could be wrong, but in M13 there was an odd command triggered when the player entered the Dyson sphere airlock...

Act_DockRequest = dyson

Or something like that, don't remember the whole thing
    I think the dyson was some kind of jumphole... but the player's dock was disabled so they couldn't go through until that position in the storyline.
    Maybe you could script some kind of storyline mission like that one... Act_RequestDock with some jumphole when the player does something

• Whilst I won't (possibly can't) do inter-system jumping, I've done the next best thing and added intra-system jumping. I've called it "hypercruise" and it's only available for single player. When cruise is activated with control held down (create a secondary key for cruise using control), it will charge the cruise engines as normal and then jump 25K; if you leave control held down, you can jump anywhere up to 50K (depending on when you release control; the display will indicate how far the jump will be). This provides an equivalent speed of 5000m/s, double that of the trade lane (assuming vanilla settings). Simple experiments have shown this could save as much as 2/3 of the travel time. You'll find it as an option in FL Hack.

• Quote from "adoxa"

Whilst I won't (possibly can't) do inter-system jumping, I've done the next best thing and added intra-system jumping. I've called it "hypercruise" and it's only available for single player. When cruise is activated with control held down (create a secondary key for cruise using control), it will charge the cruise engines as normal and then jump 25K; if you leave control held down, you can jump anywhere up to 50K (depending on when you release control; the display will indicate how far the jump will be). This provides an equivalent speed of 5000m/s, double that of the trade lane (assuming vanilla settings). Simple experiments have shown this could save as much as 2/3 of the travel time. You'll find it as an option in FL Hack.

that would be cool to get out of a hot spot now and then or exploring really large sys.s:) but how do you implement this as just a cntrol type of mod or possible extra option :?:
    and can it be added to the options when you set up your game?
    though in the sys.s,that look like you ara flying through a gravel pile it might be a problem,if you appeared inside of an astroid then wouldn't the game ctd ro does the game automaticly,cordinate for you?

and adoxa i ck'd out flhack pretty cool tool,for single player,makes it easyer to explore very large maps,as the speed mod in flmm dos't work with every mod, will this tool work with every mod or is it mod specific?

• It works by intercepting the cruise charging display and detecting if control is held down (so if you don't define a secondary cruise key with control you won't be able to use it; and if you don't want it, don't use that key). The jump is done by intercepting the ship position update. I've been through the debris fields and badlands of New York without incident, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a collision (although I did happen to jump into the middle of Trenton without any apparent worries). Suns and planets are another matter, though - don't get too close!

FL Hack modifies the binaries, not the data, so it will work with any and all mods. However, it will override mods that modify the binaries themselves (for example, Discovery 4.84 uses the "almost solid" option of FL Hack by default, which you must explicitly enable in FL Hack, otherwise the normal default will be used).

• Quote from "adoxa"

It works by intercepting the cruise charging display and detecting if control is held down (so if you don't define a secondary cruise key with control you won't be able to use it; and if you don't want it, don't use that key). The jump is done by intercepting the ship position update. I've been through the debris fields and badlands of New York without incident, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a collision (although I did happen to jump into the middle of Trenton without any apparent worries). Suns and planets are another matter, though - don't get too close!

FL Hack modifies the binaries, not the data, so it will work with any and all mods. However, it will override mods that modify the binaries themselves (for example, Discovery 4.84 uses the "almost solid" option of FL Hack by default, which you must explicitly enable in FL Hack, otherwise the normal default will be used).

doesn,t play well with frontier,can play 15 min.s to an hr. an then ctd tryed it at least a dosen times neat hack will try on other mods espeacialy like the solid bars for sheilds and enrgy an hull damage,though it might be avira antivirus as it won't let me install unless turned off

• yea it keeps trying to quranteen it i keep telling it to ignor have to shut the antivirus off,then i run it and after a while it ctds and av is back,and avira has been the most game friendly so far, use to run avg,but it kept running even when shut off in the background ,figure avira does to, you should be able to shut it down completly even shut down the anti virus guard has a place you unck but it doesn't make any diff. and since it's free all you can do is go to there forums,no help at all

• yep did that,i think it's the startup .exe files as that is what it keeps showing and i know it's a false positive.even ms downloads stopped my dvd burners from starting auto and can't seem to by pass it,guess there still afraid of conflicker as i had nearly two dozen updates to my x64 proff. machine. Do you know a away around it? without digging all thru the registry,this machine has run like a champ for two years and has a very large data base in it,there's over 2700,registry files alone,even have a registry defragger for the data base,and a total file sys of 758 000 files ,though i have a lot of it backed up to dvds,i just wouldn't want to have to do a reload :shock:

• I still use it,as it the most game friendly,other then AVG,it works well on servers,when you are in multiplay,since i'm not online then i tell it to ignore or shut it done till i am done playing and it's most likely a false positve that it shows you:)

• Quote from "Yellow Eagle"

I still use it,as it the most game friendly,other then AVG,it works well on servers,when you are in multiplay,since i'm not online then i tell it to ignore or shut it done till i am done playing and it's most likely a false positve that it shows you:)

I know that is a false positive, but I need it to add my mod and make more funny, so if I add this hack to my mod, I don't think my mod players know that is a false positive, even I make a note to them.

This is my trouble. :cry:

• it's a problem only in the way that the code starts out,as avira just see's the start .exe or if the code was written useing the same type of code base the spammers use or that trojans use then it picks it up :)

• Quote from "Yellow Eagle"

it's a problem only in the way that the code starts out,as avira just see's the start .exe or if the code was writen useing the same type of code base the spammers use or that trtojans use then it picks it up :)

Yes, if those code can be add to FLHook, maybe can stop the false positive.

Arr.......What a pity, such a good thing I can not be used.(again) :)