warning: incoming newbie to the forum!

• hello there. name's martin. nice to be here. hopefully i'll be helpful in the upcoming months. been some time since i was on lancersreactor. i see changes, then again, it was 7+ years.

damn thing only lets me log under my email. is this common or am i just completely retarded?

• welcome back then
    glad to see you

the problem you describe is of course not common but I am sure we can solve it pretty fast
    probably you were registered on the old TLR and now there is a conflict between the accounts which prevents that you can use the normal username
    I will take a look into the databases to fix the problem tomorrow and contact you via mail. Till that use the email login... ill get it sorted out.

• yeah... for some reason, when i try to log in - the system ignores my username. i needed to log in with my email. OP said he'll have a look at it soon-ish.

modding experience? none at all. im here to work on the AU mod and see where that gets us all.

• it is the alternative universe mod, which is currently being developed. what we are trying to achieve, is to keep the spirit of the original freelancer in it, while changing some events in history, which resulted in differences in present time and ultimately in a rather different gaming experience. for example, that the single player campaign never happened, since there was no freeport 7 to start with, and edison trent never met junko zane to fight for the order, if there ever was any order at all. stuff like that.

• may I suggest a different name?
    every 2nd FL (mostly the dead ones) used names describing in a complicated that something is different from vanilla FL while the active popular mods are named by keywords -> Discovery, Crossfire, Freeworlds (simple words which describe exactly what the mod is)

Single word names or common expressions generally raise more attention than name which actually describe the mod

Next to that I am getting somewhat dizzy with all the "DAU" "FAU" "AU" ^^

I could make a few suggestions which describe the mod with a single key word that might raise the attention of the players if you want
    if you dont like it... then ignore me

• FL 'what if' mod :)

we can call it FAU while on canvas. changing the name is really only a formality, imo. if you have suggestions, feel free to come forward.

• Your mod sounds similar to some idea that was pitched up on Elite Games community back at the day...
    They wanted to create a SP story in which Trent discovers a Dom'Kavash time-gate, goes back on time and saves Freeport 7. You might wanna addopt it, or take some influence since they abandoned it. Well, good luck with your mod!

I would suggets the name "The Butterfly Effect", since its about the influence of events in the past on the present/future.

• You have your point OP. Many known mods had a singular representative name. We started with Alternative Universe to keep the "logic" of our development, and to reflect what we do. The names you suggested are very interesting, and well I we will consider some. And yeah FAU/DAU now AU :D kinda dizzy.

• As you may see, we considered the suggestion you made. And from some other options, we thought that "Continuum" will be an iconic and representative name for our mod. I personally picked it, since the space-time continuum makes links to parallel universes :). FAU --> Freelancer Continuum or simple "Continuum"