Singleplayer mission bug? Stuck in Tohoku

• I'm playing through the story. The only mod I've done is changed the Stiletto purchase level to 12 so I'm flying that before I should be.

However, I'm stuck on a mission. After destroying Tekagi, you fly back to Chogoku. It all goes well until I reach the jumphole where I get "Access Denied". I've done this last part of the mission 5 times now and it's the same. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to leave Tohoku.

How can I escape? I can't see how loading a previous save will make any difference. I've opened my save game in an editor and removed all the locked_gate lines. This didn't help.

The mission objective code looks like this:

[NNObjective]
    nickname = mlog_take_the_jumphole_back_to_ku06
    state = HIDDEN
    type = rep_inst, Ku07, 23650, 26650, -59029, 0, 16706, Ku07_to_Ku06_hole

Is there any way I can change that so it unlocks the jumphole? I don't get it. Any help would be great! I've attached the savegame as well, if it helps.

Thanks for any help! I'd like to continue the story.

• your problem might not be the mission structure itself
    as ive created an own singleplayer campaign the most problematic issue ive ran into was that wrong mission information was stored in the autosave

so if you tried playing that mission by loading the last autosave you better try to use one of the mission savegames instead which should actually be clean and let you continue the story

• I've tried that, I'm not using the autosave. I've tried going back and re-doing the entire mission. Leaving the blood dragon base in Chugoku, killing tekagi again. :( The same thing happens. This is loading from the save called: Mission 09 Kyoto, Chugoku.

Weirdly, during the mission some dialogue does seem to be missing or out of sequence. I never get an order to destroy the shield generators other than a text notice in my log. Hmm..

• I haven't installed any mods which would affect it (I was waiting until I'd finished the story).

I have:
    -Widescreen cameras.ini from Freelancer - Widescreen Gaming Wiki
    -Hudshift.dll to move the HUD back
    -manually changed it so I could buy the stiletto at a lower level

I applied the FL Quickfix which apparently includes SDK1.3. This has caused a lot of HUD issues. Perhaps because I previously had hudshift.dll and with cameras.ini changes for widescreen support? However, it didn't fix it. I tried re-doing the whole mission again. Same thing :( I'm not sure what the problem is, the only non-vanilla thing is that I'm flying the Stiletto as I changed the minimum purchase level and added widescreen support. I can't see how that would affect the mission though!

Any ideas? I'd just like to be able to progress. How can I make the jumphole unlocked? Presumably it should be locked after the mission is over so there must be a way to unlock it permanently?

Thanks for any help!

• The locks are in the initialworld.ini in \DATA
    Dunno if changing the file after starting the game has any effect though or if you have to modify the savegame

• I'll try that :)

Which part of the save game do I need to edit? I did already try removing all the locked_gate lines or do I need to also remove npc_locked_gate ones too? I had assumed that was for NPCs rather than the player?

• Try the locked_gates line, if it doesn't work then try both. Just in case, make a backup of the save file or use ; to stop the program from reading those lines (just remember to remove it if it changes something you didn't want it to change)