how can i edit ship classes?

• i did it long ago to make my server more fun to play on an to give players a chance but i forgot how i did it. i want to edit the ship classes available to the player to make them tougher and give them more storage while not editing enemy ship classes. i also want to edit the wings so that they are more resistant than the ship as my previous edits left the wings very vulnerable while the ships became tough. which files to i need to open to do that and which IDs belong to player ships?

• Well, the player and NPCs use the same definition for the ships. That means if you want to do changes for the player you also will do these changes to the NPCs.
    An alternative to that would be to create completely new ships but that is more difficult than just changing a few ship stats.

The file you are looking for is the shiparch.ini located in \freelancer\data\ships\
    There you can find all ships and their stats.
    e.g. li_fighter would be the Startracker
    under this entry you can change the hold_size or the hitpoints or whatever you want.
    But like I said... it would also change it for all NPCs.
    What you cant change there is the equipment of the ships. For the player ship there is a file called goods.ini (in the equipment folder) which has all data for that and for NPC there is a file called loadouts (in the ships folder).

For the changes on the wings you also have to edit the shiparch.ini.
    Ships with wings have sections called "[CollisionGroup]". It is possible to change hitpoints there.

To identify the ships you can use FLdev.
    https://forge.the-starport.net…ownload/191/FLDev_1.1d.7z
    You can enter the ids_name of a ship from the shiparch and it will display the name.

• different factions have different ships and i am not likely to get access to pirate ships so i am not editing them(pirates is hostile). i actually managed to figure it out for the most part but i do want a bit more information. each faction is shortened to 2 letters. pirates is pi while liberty is li. what does the other words represent. bh for example. it is not a problem that npcs on my side gets stronger as i will never fight them anyway. another thing i want to figure out is how i can reduce the power drain of my weapons and the strength of my shields.

• the faction list is a bit more complicated than you might think
    e.g. bh is bounty hunters

You should download this: Download Database - Lancersreactor
    it is an excel file contain Id numbers and what they mean and it also has a complete overview over all factions and their group names

to edit ships you need to edit the capacities in the st_equip.ini
    you can find the weapon stats inside the weapon_equip.ini

either you use the FLdev or the excel spreadsheet to find the correct shield/weapon

• The way around the player / npc ship problems is to script two ships eg: npc_shipname & ply_shipname.

I left the vanilla ship as they were for npc then replicated a set for players, it is a bit of work to alter and add to files but makes life a lot easier, for instance loot_drop. Also this gives you a chance to fix up some of the issues in ship arch and add npc only ships for players like Capital and Transport ships :)