Auto Turrets

• Is it possible to make turrets fully automatic (CPU-controlled auto aiming and firing) like tin Darkstar One?

• Quote from "Ladm. Jonathan Drake"

Is it possible to make turrets fully automatic (CPU-controlled auto aiming and firing) like tin Darkstar One?

Nope thats not possible with standard FL.
    Maybe some FLhook developer can think of a way how, but still don't think it will ever be implemented as its not right when playing online and a turret keeps shooting on every selected target.

• I tried messing around with auto turrets for awhile. Never got it to work. But its been in the back of my mind whenever I mod.

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• As far as i can figure, autoturret was supposed to be available for players once, the key you press to switch to and from turret view seems originally (after peeking in the exe and dlls) to have been meant to switch from one turret to another, and allow the turrets you weren't manning to auto fire

They seem to have ditched that at some point, along with a turret cam cockpit mesh

I THINK it's still used tho for something in NPC pilot job blocks, there are statements in there refering to autoturret fire enabled and how long the fire bursts are and how often the bursts are fired. As a rule if the ship has turrets, and the ship will be flown by npcs, set the autoturret entry in the weapon definition to TRUE

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• yes autoturrets ony remained for NPCs
    original idea of FL was to have an autopilot function that automatically follows the opponents while just doing the shooting job and having turrets doing their job alone
    first version i have seen in action still had this gameplay in action but... furtunatly it was changed