Starlancer ships

• That would be one possibility i guess. Apparently adoxa has had a look at this issue very briefly, seems the damage_per_fire line isn't working properly in FL. In an ideal world i'd expect it to do damage to the weapon but it's clearly not doing that. Seems FL registers the amount of damage but then doesn't do anything with it.

• I think the damage_per_fire entry was disabled by the original programmers because it didn't have any use. I assume it was supposed to be same as the hull_damage entry in the munition. But, if it is what you say it is, then either it depends on the launcher's HP or its damaging the ship and not itself.

• That's what i think is happening, but i think making it so it does damage to the weapon makes more sense seeing as it's in the weapon entry. Also it would enable what i'm trying to do with these models, which is to turn the weapon into a single fire, one use weapon and destroy the launcher on firing so it disappears from the model, leaving the munition, in my case the torpedo, to fly off into the distance. Would make the whole thing look very realistic and would also have a use for other weapons that haven't been thought of yet.

• Investigated and solved. Adoxa made a plugin this morning, i've just checked it and it works, he tested it in SP and i did in MP and works as it should. Only minor issue is not plugin related but is down to the explosion on the weapon, i want it to disappear instantly which it's not doing plus the debris parts are spinning, once i figure out a solution to that it will perform as intended.

• Firstly thanks for the update. Secondly the debris doesn't always spin. There's an ini edit to get round the problem as my solution seems to create the same problem i'm having now with your updated file. If you look at the Galahad model in this thread, you'll see it has two large torpedoes mounted. In game the ship doesn't have these, you buy the torpedo and mount it, and the launcher shares the same model as the munition so it all looks right.

Now when i fire torp #1, everything goes as expected, the torp launches and heads off into the distance, the launcher destroys itself and obviously the launcher model as well, leaving a nice empty space where the torpedo used to be, so far so good.

When i launch the second torp, this is where it all goes strange, the torpedo itself disappears with only the torpedo engine effect working, and this flies off into the distance. The launcher vanishes as expected but seems to take the torp model with it. This is with damage_per_fire set to -1 as per the instructions unless i misunderstood.

Now my solution in contrast was to use the explosion instant effect and attachit to the launcher which achieves the same thing but i still get this disappearing 2nd torpedo model issue.

Code here:

HP_child = HPConnect
    hit_pts = 1
    explosion_resistance = 1
    debris_type = debris_normal
    parent_impulse = 20
    child_impulse = 80
    volume = 0
    mass = 10
    hp_gun_type = hp_gun_special_4
    damage_per_fire = -1
    power_usage = 0
    refire_delay = 0
    muzzle_velocity = 15
    toughness = 1
    projectile_archetype = galahad_torpedo_ammo
    dry_fire_sound = fire_dry
    separation_explosion = sever_debris

Now it could be a setting i've put in wrong and just not seeing it or it's something else. Confused now.

• Video highlight of the issue. Further experimentation is leading me to the conclusion there's an issue. It seems everything works well with only one of the torps mounted. As soon as you add a second torpedo it looks like the plugin is calculating the destruction of all the weapons of that type and if the first one is destroyed as it obviously is on firing, it assumes the second one is also. These were tested with the current version of the plugin and damage_per_fire = -1

I even created a second weapon identical to the first but renamed everything and it still assumed that was destroyed before i even fired it as i also ended up with the same problem of only the effect showing on the second model. Seems the damage is passed onto the same hp_type which is obviously not correct, at least to my eyes. Surely it should be per weapon mounted and not per weapon type?

• LOL, you really need to stop jumping to conclusions PB as for one thing i haven't said anything about how these are going to be used or their purpose in the mod. This is concept stuff we're dealing with here, never been done before stuff, so let's get that working first.

Secondly, as an assault weapon against capships they are ideal. Launch them from miles away, turn and run. The Hades has 4 of those torps as has the Kamov. If you remember SL, then all the bombers launched from a great distance. This isn't about mounting as many weapons as possible and doing what many mod makers do by adding 8-10 guns to fighters and missiles with unlimited ammo, that just drives me nuts. This will be more about utilising what you have and more importantly, using it for the purpose intended. It will only take 6 or 8 of these torps, 3 or 4 players, to take down a large capship, so the torps will do the job.

I'm sure a solution is near as Adoxa is a very clever individual and i'm sure a solution will be there. All he needs is feedback and seeing i was the first, at least this way he knows something isn't quite right because atm, nobdy can mount more than one external launch system without having issues using the new plugin.