Lancers Reactor site news and feedback request, please!

• Quote from "/\zz/\"

just thought i would bring back a blast from the past with the old logo temp

Yep -
    That there is all good. Looks like things are going rather well, and I like it :)

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."

• Added teamspeak status view on left hand side and the logo is only a temp thing just to bring back memorys for those that where using the site in the year 2000

• I noticed a the changes as they were happening (bout 12 hours ago)... hehe i was on the Downloads section.. sorry if i was slowing anything down..

Looking really cool guys.. Starting to remind me of a time long past.. when we all came together for our collective love of Freelancer.

If i think of anything constructive.. I'll holla.. but for now i just wanted to give my support to you all on a great job!

Cheers ;)
    -Xar.

• Aye quite often I brave it and edit the site live while people are using it..... so dont panic if you see something that looks terrible im often making adjustments. Thanks for the kind words of support.

• Have done a major prune on users many of which appeared to be bots/spammers.

Deleted all non active since 01 2009 with less then 1 post i will do another prune in 6 months or so. Also changed registration system so it asks some anti bot questions before it allows you on the registration page. All this should reduce spam on forum and improve site loading speed.
    That and removing alot of junk in database has seen it shrink from 150mb to 25mb happy days :-)

• I got an email from someone indicating the site had changed its domain. When I come back to investigate I see you've had a lot of trouble with Spammers. My condolences, I've had similar problems but I don't think my solution would help you unfortunately.

I've also been through changing servers (though not my domain fortunately) and wish you luck in finding and updating all the broken links. Perhaps if you deputized a lot of the more active members (only those you know well and trust though) to be temporary Mods with the power to edit posts, it would make the job a bit less daunting.

I haven't been around in a long time due to RL pressures and ... other concerns ... but will try to at least come in to visit a little more often at least to see how well you're doing.

Best of luck to you all! :D

• Quote from "/\zz/\"

thanks

You're very welcome, sorry I couldn't come up with any better ideas.

BTW, who is breslin? He sent me a PM back in February asking me to respond to his PM via email. Needless to say, I don't do that, especially to someone who apparently has no posts. I don't suppose he or others like him were part of your problem?

• Quote from "Spock"

You're very welcome, sorry I couldn't come up with any better ideas.

BTW, who is breslin? He sent me a PM back in February asking me to respond to his PM via email. Needless to say, I don't do that, especially to someone who apparently has no posts. I don't suppose he or others like him were part of your problem?

i hear ya about the pm/e-mail thingey unless u happen to be site admin/moderator,lancewarrior,lordjackhammer,2 other people cant remember their name right now,wont get a response

• site is fine the way it is for me,i can most things with ease,however 1 minor thing bothers me,when i log in,i check the box that say automaticlylog me when i visit site,i changed my password, from old pass, to a new pass. it doesnt take it ,dont know why,i can with that 1 little prob i can get around it easily,as long i can log in im cool with it :D

• any problem with autologin is only ur browser related,
    cookies are stored localy on ur box, so if have problems easyest is to try to remove current cookies from ur box for domain
    its not related to server its ONLY related to client software ur using.
    i hope this explains/helps..

• Quote from "Knife`"

any problem with autologin is only ur browser related,
    cookies are stored localy on ur box, so if have problems easyest is to try to remove current cookies from ur box for domain
    its not related to server its ONLY related to client software ur using.
    i hope this explains/helps..

sorry it tokk so long to get back to you m8 about login was building an arbor ..anyways whats weird when im on my laptop vista os blah blah blah amd processor,i can login no probs,but when im on desktop intel processor dell peice of junk i have all the probs in the world ive done everything from deleting cookies to website history,never implied it was server prob, most likely a pc prob,if i had logged on both pc's in the same day [which i didint think of at the time sorry about that]probally wouldnt posted it.sorry if there was misconception on my part